Viewing item details?

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by grimbergen, Apr 22, 2007.

Remove all ads!
  1. grimbergen

grimbergen Member

Hello,

is it possible to view an item's details beyond the 3 lines that show upin the bottom of the inventory overlay?

for example, i identified the radiant longsword as +1, but it gives no details on what other powers it has (I'm assuming it has, since it has the added keyword).

same for cleaver... i've seen postings on it, butwhen i view it it doesn't show any of the special abilities.

thanks.:blink:

2. krunch

krunch moving on in life

For magic weapons, magic armor, and other special items and gear, you can press and hold down the <SHIFT> key and click using your mouse over a magic or special item in your inventory pack to get an extra description. Otherwise, the answer to your question is no.

3. vampiricpuppy

vampiricpuppy cuddly nosferatu

4. grimbergen

grimbergen Member

THanks!
    Specific to the Holy power, the radiant/holy Longsword doesn't seem to have the holy effect... when I attack undead, I often do 0 damage (this is when I was low leveled) when I hit . Skeletons that is. i understand they may have some slashing dmg resist, but I can't imaging 1d8+1+ 3 str bonus + 2d6 holy can be negated to 0.

5. vampiricpuppy

pretty sure you're not referring to a sword you've crafted yourself right?

quest reward or somesuch?

6. grimbergen

grimbergen Member

Yes - quest reward for marrying Meleny.

7. vampiricpuppy

im guessing it was toned down so as to not completely imbalance the game? :D

8. Lord_Spike

Lord_Spike Senior Member Veteran

Nobody fiddled that sword. It's one of the most desired in the early game. Gotta be something you're character isn't able to take advantage of. Perhaps an alignment, class, or skill issue?

9. krunch

krunch moving on in life

Also, skeletons are neutral-evil. This has been a topic of discussion in multiple threads. Skeletons also have Monster DR Bludgeoning 5.

Last edited: Apr 28, 2007
  10. Aeroldoth

Aeroldoth Established Member

If you look at the combat text on the right-hand side, you can get more information by clicking on any blue text. For example, if you see:

Fighter hits skeleton

skeleton takes no damage

You could click on "hits" or "no damage". "Hits" would give you a detailed break down of the roll and all modifers that allowed your guy to hit the monster. "No damage" would break down all the variables in the damage calculation, and should tell you why the skelly isn't being damaged.

11. funkyboy_360

funkyboy_360 Hackmaster +12

But there's no history about the item like the one's we used to get in the Baldur's Gate trilogy
    OHHH I miss that game so much....:zap: :zap:

Hmmm maybe i will install that for the 200th time:peace:

Our Host!