using One-handed weapons in two hands

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by Talos, Feb 8, 2005.

Remove all ads!
  1. Talos

Talos Member

Does the game automatically use 1-handed weapons in 2 hands if you dont equip anything in the offhand or do you need to do something for it to work (if it is possible)

Its hard to see if it works as theres no damage displayed anywhere other than when attacking
    (where on earth is the "damage calculated field" - ive never seen a roleplaying game where you cant see these info before - im a veteran D&D player so ive got a good idea, but it still irritates me that its missing)

2. Lord Plothos

Lord Plothos Established Member

It's also incredibly irritating that you have to craft a weapon with a character capable of adding on a given attribute to see if the weapon even has the attribute, thus you really have to name your crafted weapons things like +3 holy cleaver of frost and icy burst to remember what the heck you added to it.

Anyway, you only need to go find a goblin and smite it, the call up the damage roll to see what kind of strength modifier you're getting. That'll tell you if you're using it two handed or not.

3. Talos

Talos Member

heh. thanks - didnt know you could get those info (just tried clicking on the damage int the dice window so now I know) - but thanks anyway - and yes it does work if anyone is interested. my cleric gets +6str bonus on his axe but only has 18 str

4. Lord Plothos

Lord Plothos Established Member

Yeah, I was pretty sure it worked, but didn't want to stake my considerable internet reputation on it. ;)

Our Host!