Turn-based CRPG talk

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by Zombiemonk, Apr 20, 2007.

Remove all ads!
  1. Zombiemonk

Zombiemonk Member

Re: [IMPORTANT] A campaign to get the official tools released

Well, I have been following a very nice looking turn based D&D game for the PSP called "D&D Tactics"

That's a bit of a misnomer, really...since the "tactics" was slapped onto it in order to appeal to console strategy fans and lovers of Final Fantasy tactics. In truth, it is just a turn based, tile based 3rd Edition D&D RPG with an engine that looks remarkably similar to ToEE.

There are several in-game demos of this on the interwebs, so a quick google search should turn up quite a bit.

Yes, I know the PSP isn't exactly the last bastion of RPG gaming or anything, but hey, I'm a hardcore turnbased NERD, so I'll take it wherever I can get it. :pelvicthr

2. Bob Corncob

Bob Corncob Maverick Moon Miner

I had seen D & D Tactics some time ago and thought it looked promising. Only problem is its on PSP. In my previous post, I was thinking strictly PC gaming, as its the only platform I game on. Who knows though, maybe if D & D Tactics is good enough I'll pick up a PSP and a copy. Just not sure a game for a handheld can scratch that TB itch like a game developed for a PC can.

3. Zombiemonk

Zombiemonk Member

I hear you there bob, but keep in mind, they won't make turn based games for us anymore. It just isn't happening. I am the absolute BIGGEST and most biased pro-PC, anti-console guy in the known universes, and there is no way that even *I* would miss out on something like that.

You know, I was on the Fallout 3 boards, fighting the doofus' (Or is it Doofi?) who foolishly think FO3 should be a real time game, and I still have residual anger left after that argument. I really, really need turn-based combat in my RPGs. Or I get homicidal. :wyatt:

Ahhh well, just know that even a hardcore PC lover/fanboy like me wants it, so maybe you should loosen up on the self-imposed restrictions! :hug:

4. maggit

maggit Zombie RipTorn Wonka

@Nadril, hey bro. ;)

@Zombiemonk: It's not a Fallout thread. ;P But I think that the best way would be to
    use fallout tactics system. It let you have two in one. Everyone will be happy. :)
    And I hope you voted yes.

Last edited: Apr 21, 2007
  5. Zombiemonk

Zombiemonk Member

I can't remember back that far when I posted in this thread way back then, but I more then likely did vote yes. I might have voted no, simply because I didn't want you guys attracting the ire of Atari and getting slapped with a lawsuit.

ToEE is my lifeblood. I download each fix, try out each mod, and play it religiously. I believe I've gone through Toee at least 30 times in the past 3 years. I've become so good at it that it only takes me a week anymore. Just forge some ice/holy weapons, grind a bit, make a run for the boss (skip the nodes) Bam...end :)

Don't see me here much though, since I'm fairly good with the search function, so when I had problems with belsornig, or the Juggernaut spawn, or (ect...) I simply searched for it rather then post.

But yes, I feel an SDK should be released. It always saddened me to see that the Infinity engine didn't get that treatment. Still, I've downloaded countless BG2 mods for it. As well as creating a couple for my own private use ;)

I'd help you guys with KotB, but I highly doubt you'd trust a stranger, regardless of skill or experience. Especially a dirty lurker. :ninja:

6. Gaear

Gaear Bastard Maestro Administrator

Hey guys, moved some of the posts here from the petition thread so we don't get too off-track over there. Please carry on. :thumbsup:

7. sirchet

sirchet Force for Goodness Moderator Supporter

Isn't there a program to let you run PSP games on your pc? In the "Post your desktop" thread I coulda swore I saw an icon for PSP on someone's desktop.

8. krunch

krunch moving on in life

That would be an PSP emulator of some kind.

9. Cujo

Cujo Mad Hatter Veteran

it looked like a playstation emulator - I've got one somewhere on my PC.

10. sirchet

sirchet Force for Goodness Moderator Supporter

Last edited: May 3, 2007
  11. Cujo

Cujo Mad Hatter Veteran

no I couldn't, I didn't look into anything about the one I've got, I don't even know who made it - it was just there so I took it. It does everything that I need it to do which is play my playstation game when I don't own a playstation (btw I won the game in a wager - "if this game works again, even just once, its mine." (the disc had a dirty big scratch in it and often wouldn't run)).

Our Host!