Tough Fight *SPOILERS*

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by Enialus Meliamne, Jul 3, 2005.

Remove all ads!
  1. Enialus Meliamne

Enialus Meliamne Member

Man, what a tough fight...or really not a tough fight...for the FREAKIN AI!!! *SPOILER BELOW*
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -
    I purposely let one of the pair of merchants live to see how the revenge would turn out. Well...Next time...Forget it...Their gonna die in that first battle, or Im gonna reload and let them live, but NEVER will I do the revenge deal again. I saved the game before entering my Nulb home just in case. Here is how the battle went: 1. I enter the room. Fat boy starts his rant and I get my mouse finger ready. 2. Cleric in their party or enchantress maybe casts Confusion. :confused:
    3. I watch as the party of fat boy torches my party REAL quick. 4. I get one FREAKIN MOVE for one of my characters in this whole FREAKIN mess! I mean, J***$ H C****T, who would have thought they would fark up a lvl 6 party with Zaxis (7 party members and 1 NPC option chosen). My mouse finger got a rest, but my blood pressure sure didn't. Needless to say, that is ONE battle that will wait until Im level freakin 10 all around. :smarty: :roll:

2. Enialus Meliamne

Enialus Meliamne Member

It's amazing what initiative will provide you. *SPOILERS*
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -
    I did two reloads to give this battle a shot figuring, this party SHOULD be able to win with maybe a casualty or two. Second reload, my two sorcs went first. 1. Conjuror Sorc cast Stinking Cloud...Poof...All but one of them sick. 2. Evoker Sorc, next. Fireball. 3. Position two of my warriors too close the the cloud, they get sick. Oh well...They serve as blockers still. 4. Archer types lob arrows at the lowest hit point dudes. 5. Cleric summons his spiritual sword spell near the biggest fool. 6. recycle focusing on the one cat who didn't get sick. Killing him two rounds later, and winnin the battle handily short there after. *Note to self...Initiative = good...REAL good.

3. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

Improved Initiative is usually the first feat I take for wizardly types, gotta make sure they get their shot in early.

Add Cat's Grace before combats (also good for their AC and hitting with the crossbow once the spells run out), and they'll usually be up there.

4. Scorched_Earth

Scorched_Earth Established Member

I tried this batter at lv 5 but died rather quickly. Did much better at lv 6..made sure to pump up my entire party with about as many spells as u can imagine and was able to take'em out with only 1 casualty..my panda. For me the key was taking out the enchantress before she could move. I mean during one fight she actually slowed and confused my party while I think the cleric silenced us. It was an awesome fight in the end though. Call lightning is a useful spell.

5. Lord_Spike

Lord_Spike Senior Member Veteran

Druids are sooo under-rated...

Our Host!