Temple.dll Object Fields

Discussion in 'TemplePlus' started by DarkStorm, Mar 19, 2015.

Remove all ads!
  1. Gaear

Gaear Bastard Maestro Administrator

Thanks. I think it's one of those things that gets noticed a lot more when it's wrong or missing, and taken for granted when it's right. That's why a sort of unconscious satisfaction on the part of the gamer is a thing to strive for in some aspects for developers. No one will go "wow, the clipping ... amaze!" when they go there, but they'll unconsciously feel good about properly disappearing behind a wall when it happens. Whereas if they don't, it rises to the level of a conscious "ugh, wtf?" moment and breaks immersion.

Anyway, back to those Temple.dll object fields ... ;)

2. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

Au contraire, KotB discussion always takes precedence. I also noticed it around the Outer Bailey (mainly around the Bailiff's tower when there) and appreciated it Gaear, thankyou muchly.
    Absolutely. 'Lighting dark areas' will in some cases involve lighting for characters only (eg ToEE's Orc / Ogre Cave where people say its dark outside the lighting area of the firepit - as it should be) and in others mean putting modelled items in the dark (rather than relying on DAGs). Specifically, there is one corridor in the Bugbear Cave in KotB where I am prepared to add some simple modelled walls (flat 'sign' models with appropriate textures) to the otherwise black bit to be seen if lit. So in a nutshell, I am talking about lighting the models (as the static light sources do) not the jpgs a la the time of day 'lighting'.

This is not a major request, btw, only worry about it if it is straightforward to do.

Our Host!