Some info on KotB wanted

Discussion in 'The Keep on the Borderlands' started by -Archangel-, Feb 4, 2008.

Remove all ads!
  1. -Archangel-

-Archangel- Member

Hi there.

I want to try this demo but would like to know from what level to what level can you go in the demo (and what is going to be range in the full game)?
    Also was wondering what are the average hours needed to finish the demo?

Tnx

2. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

Ooooooooh good questions.

I guess you can go to level 20 if you want (though a couple of the high level spells may not work - summon monster V-IX might summon as many doors as it does monsters) but there are no high-level monsters to fight: even some of the random encounters you get at higher levels (3 ettins, 6 trolls etc) have been replaced to provide new random encounters with the new monsters in the game.

I'd say levels 1-5 now, maybe 1-7 or 8 when the final game is finished.

Timeframe? No idea :) Have to wait til people have finished it.

3. Half Knight

Half Knight Gibbering Mouther

Well, this thread seems well as any other to ask for non-related in-game stuff, so no point in making/hijacking another one.

So

-Installing the new patch requires a new game?

4. MB

MB Member

Pardon me if this has been addressed before....

But I wanted to bring in some of my favorite portraits and pc sounds from the portrait pack....Can anyone tell me if this is possible to copy them into the kotb.data folder and what the instructions to do so are?

Appreciate any help that can be provided.

MB

5. MB

MB Member

Okay, figured out how to do the voice pack...that was simple enough (followed the directions Ted gave in another post). . Will try the Chris Glenn method of portraits next to see if that works.

MB:icon_chuc

6. MB

MB Member

Haha...the Chris Glenn method works...I've loaded my fav pics and now with the sound pack I'm ready to start KOTB.:evil_laug :evil_laug

7. Shiningted

Glad we could help.

8. Grom Fellaxe

Grom Fellaxe Dwarf Warrior

Average hours I spent was 24, give or take, with a LOT of that trying to figure out the Mad Wizard puzzle (good one by the way). However, once you've done it and know how to get and complete the available quests, your time will go way down (I stretched mine by resting to get random encounters, which also gets XP, etc)

9. Shiningted

Thanks for the feedback. I like to think there is some replay value in the different monsters who spawn, plus the different alignment quests. :)

Our Host!