Skocking Burst = Icy Burst?!?

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by sharerware, Mar 2, 2005.

Remove all ads!
  1. sharerware

sharerware Member

After enchanting a bow with shocking burst, it does cold damage!? I've repeated this multiple times, so I know it's not my accidently selecting the wrong choice in item creation. Has anyone else experienced this phenomenon? Is there a solution??

2. Allyx

Allyx Master Crafter Global Moderator Supporter

I got the same too...

...What's more, Icy burst deals negative energy! So I did some digging the file Item_creation.mes in the MES file of the data folder seems to list all the things that you can do to craft your weapons...

Line 1013 {disruption} does nothing
    Line 1014 {Firery Burst} is correct
    Line 1015 {Icy Burst} causes Disruption (negative energy)
    Line 1016 {Shocking Burst} causes an Icy burst

and i havn't found the shocking burst effect yet.

3. Lord Plothos

Lord Plothos Established Member

This may explain why when I created uber weapons in the past, it seemed as though I wasn't getting full marks for damage. I'd always get a maximum of 4 die rolls at the bottom of the list for additional damage after the base weapon roll and fixed modifiers for strength, enhancements, etc. I had assumed it was because you could only get 4 rolls (since it seemed to me at the time that getting sneak attack damage would decrease the number of fire/shock/cold rolls I was getting), but I didn't look to hard. Maybe it was because my icy burst was really disruption. ???

4. Allyx

Allyx Master Crafter Global Moderator Supporter

Thinking about it I'm not sure if shocking burst is using disruption, as disruption is supposed to make undead pass a save or die, It could be unholy damage or a "Harm" type effect, which distuption doesn't or at least shouldn't do.

So now we've identified the problem, how do we fix it? Is it a scripting error?
    I can't find anything in the mes files that says this item uses that line.

Our Host!