Quest questions

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by Zebedee, Apr 4, 2005.

Remove all ads!
  1. Zebedee

Zebedee Veteran Member Veteran

First off, let me say how wonderful the Co8 patch is - without it I probably would have thrown the game away after the first week. Y'all know why..

Anyways, I know you're all probably very bored of answering such darned silly questions but I'd really appreciate a little help with these ones...

1) The Brothel. I'm assuming that the dialogue option after completing the orb quest is one of the ones which is related to Mona telling you your future. I'm assuming this because I always roleplay the answer to dialogue options, and have never gained any option to enter the brothel. Which is the correct answer - the "I'm after fun and games" type one?

2) I read something about the Smith in Hommlet offering a quest (related to a hill giant's head?). Is this related to the alignment of your group when you start, if not how do I access it?

3) On an unrelated issue (minor glitch), the High Priest of the Earth Elemental temple seems to offer you the option to move onto the second quest without you needing to kill the snake. Is this WAD for a silvertongued rogue?

I'm really looking forward to Livonya's patch and just want to thank everyone who has worked on the Co8 patch. This type of game is so hard to find now and the modders who have got it to work almost as it should have worked from the beginning have made an astounding achievement!

2. Gaear

Gaear Bastard Maestro Administrator

Kind of sounds like you don't have any Co8 stuff installed . . .

1. The brothel should be easily and immediately accessible through dialogue with Mona with Co8 3.0.4 installed.

2. The Giant head quest is part of Livonya's new mod and hasn't (officially) been released yet . . . unless you installed her Kids/Traps/ beta, which she does not encourage at this point.

3. I thought temple priest dialogue inconsistencies were addressed way back when . . . what, Co8 2, or was it in an official patch?

Be sure to check out Morpheus' "Current Mods and Patches" thread in this forum for a list and links of what's current and recommended.

3. Zebedee

Thanks for the answers. I haven't installed any beta patches until I have completed the game a few times more.

I installed three patches in this order, following the advice posted here and elsewhere :

Atari version 2

Co8 v 3.04

Moebius' Temple.dll

The patches all seem to be there and things have changed within game since installing them. It just left me with three questions (well, two since one is not implemented in Co8).

Guess I need to reinstall and check again.

Last edited: Apr 4, 2005
  4. Gaear

Gaear Bastard Maestro Administrator

When you talk to Mona, you don't see the dialogue option for "What's that building behind you?" or something to that effect?

5. Zebedee

I do now...

Total reinstall worked this time round (although Nulb seems to have lost any 'fog of war').

Bit strange because the smith in Hommlet was selling masterwork weapons (which is how I check Co8 patch was installed) but Mona wasn't giving the modded dialogue option.

Thanks for answering Gaear, it made me reinstall totally which has probably solved any other things which don't seem to have been patched. Now I just have to figure out why some things did patch and other things didn't :eek:

Our Host!