[PROJECT] QA/Dev In-game Help Tool

Discussion in 'Negative Energy Plane' started by Dhoom, Sep 26, 2003.

Remove all ads!
  1. Ares

Ares Member

HI everyone,
    I have been reading this board from the beginning and I really like the way it goes here.

Dhoom, I used your Blayk Jay Helper and did some experiments including traveling and teleporting by myself yesterday. I'm glad to see that you already implemented this stuff now :) .
    But teleporting is still limited to certain places at the moment, so I guess it would be a good Idea to post how you can access every map in the game by editing the .dlg file. I'm thinking about opening a thread which explains the necessary files and how they work (already figured most of it out). What do you think of this idea?

~Ares

2. Dhoom

Dhoom BIG Troll Berserker

I dub thee... Master of the Teleport!

heh.

Go for it :) We can use this info.

I don't think anyone else will have a problem with this.

3. Mr. Underhill

Mr. Underhill The Keeper of the Arcane Toiletries

-Ares let me know of your changes and I'll add it to a new version of the Dev/helper.

-btw..dhoom you don't mind that I sorta hijacked your dev/helper do you? don't wanna step on any toes, but I figured you had more important things to worry about with the masterwork additions and such. ;)

4. Dhoom

Dhoom BIG Troll Berserker

I have yet to being to really "make" anything... I'm just playing around now, figuring out how stuff works :)

I did that because I figured it was an easy way to jump into the dlg scripting. :)

You way, with the joinable NPC, is tons better.

I just meant he should figure out the teleport locations, and post them... :D

As far as I'm concerned, it's "Underhill's Dev Helper" now, not mine :D

It's all open source, man :)

5. Mr. Underhill

-nifty...I figured as much.

6. Ares

Ares Member

Hi, I recently thought about another improvement to dhe QA/Dev Helper:
    The annoying thing with the QA/Dev Helper is, that you always have to edit the .dlg file to change items you get or teleport locatons. It would be great to have the possibility to change the id's value ingame. My idea is, to add the option that the guard gives you an amount of gems, maybe 5000. This amount represents the id we need to give us an item. For example if we want the item with the id 4200 we simply throw 800 gems away.
    Only thing we need is a function that checks how many units of an item you have. I haven't found such a function yet, but I'm sure it exists. Could be something like pc.item_count("gem id") . Maybe the shopkeeper scripts give a hint.
    If we have this function we can simply implement it in the .dlg file. To make dynamic teleportations we could use three different gem types for the map_id, and the x/y coordinates.

What do you think of it and has anyone already seen such a function or a clue how to find out (maybe "try and error works ;)")?

~Ares

7. Mr. Underhill

-Ares thats a great idea, I'll look into it as well, post your progress. :)

Our Host!