[PROJECT] "Easy Mode" and "Hard Mode"

Discussion in 'General Modification' started by Phalzyr, Oct 1, 2003.

Remove all ads!
  1. JHunz

JHunz Member

Just remember to put a normal mode option in the installer too. There are plenty of people who won't want either set of changes.

2. Phalzyr

Phalzyr Established Member Veteran

of course, there is no way we will force easy or hard upon you :)

3. Phalzyr

I saw some stuff in one of the tab files but then that wouldn't allow me to check friendly or not, but effect everyone instead so I doubt cloudkill and such will be doable, but at least the most common fireball/lighning spells are. maybe in patch they'll add a spell_triggered_cloudkill.py or such but doubt it.

Strnage thing I tried to add new spell called supreme magic missile, got everything fine selected it on level and memorized it but when casting it gave me 9 targets and locked up game since 9 maggic missiles never appeared :( (I wasn't trying for nine all I change was the hit die up one)

4. tkurgan

tkurgan Member

Why not a real d&d mode

Nerf bugbears and other monsters' artificially high dr and give them extra lvls which is the real way to make monsters more powerful and make whatever monsters were artifically nerfed, more like the rulebooks, like the balrog.

5. Phalzyr

Exitium are you the one messing with protos.tab? If so was you thinking of implementing this or would like to send me the protos.tab file and a link to the viewre :) the only other file after looking through everything that I could think of altering for easy/hard mode would be gamequest.mes and half/double cr value for quests though if monsters were tweaked that wouldn't really be needed.

6. Phalzyr

Cehck out first post for update/release of easy/hard mod :D

7. Ausir

Ausir Beholder Overseer Veteran

Does it work with the patch and Co8 2.0.0?

8. zhuge

zhuge Established Member Veteran

I think it will overwrite some official patch changes. However with the current manpower that we have I'm not sure if we can update the Easy/Hard mode rapidly, unless we can get some dedicated people to do it. Besides, Troika may introduce some AI changes as well in the 2nd official patch.

Perhaps we should keep all the nifty ideas in reserve till the release of the 2nd patch. Just my 2 cents.

9. Phalzyr

2nd Patch? Is it out yet? :) Yes the easy/hard/mod works fine with the Co8 patch :D, I believe I made it for 2.0

Our Host!