Pool of Radiance

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by proudpony, Oct 30, 2005.

Remove all ads!
  1. proudpony

proudpony Member

Good morning everyone....

Just a quick question. I know this site is dedicated to TOEE, but does anyone have an opinion of Pool of Radiance - Ruins of Myth Drannor?

I've finished TOEE and can't wait for some new campaigns (I'm not a programmer by any means) and have gone back to some of the games I've purchased over the years and never finished - RoMD being one of them.

Thanks

2. Croix

Croix Member

If your a really patient person, you would like it. The dungeons on the game are absolutely huge. I won't lie, Pool of Radiance has alot of content to it big time, but the graphics are a real let down, along with slow party movement with some lag in parts. The biggest beef I had with this game was the corrupt game saves:dead: . You CANNOT save your game around any active images like smoke, spells that haven't ended and the like without completely corrupting your save file. Saves play a big part in the game and when you cannot do this or make a big mistake to find out its too late...............:poop: . I finished the game, but will not play through it again. When I mean corrupt files, I mean stuff like this: doors shutting by themselves after you have used the key on it (which might trapp you in a dungeon with no means to get out of an area), chests closing with treasure placed back in them (no big deal), items and most important Quest keys allowing you to progress in the game missing from inventory, and oh uh the frequent CTDs that tend to happen from corrupt files. Like I said before, unless you are a really patient individual, this game isn't for you.

You can check the forums for Pool of Radiance here.

but the last time I went there to see on the game save issue, all that was said was to save often and keep physical saves of your party(like a CD, portable hard drive, etc) which I think is absolutely ridiculous for someone who plays the game on one comp.

This whole post is just my own experiences and opinions, but not everyone elses of course. :)

3. Sapper_Astro

Sapper_Astro Established Member

Damn, I thought you were talking about Pool of radiance...not that other game.....

God i wish The original pool of radiance could be done in the TOEE game system.....Of course a dragon would need to be created...

4. proudpony

proudpony Member

Thanks for the input Croix. I put RoMD away because I found it slow and cumbersome and not all that customizable. When TOEE came out, I had to have it and really enjoyed the game, so Sapper, I do agree with you. I'd much prefer it in that system. With the way everyone seems to be developing the TOEE system, I expect a new map and adventures shortly.
    At least knowing there is a forum for RoMD will help.

Thanks again

5. Cujo

Cujo Mad Hatter Veteran

thanks for reminding me, I'll put it on my to do list.

6. Hochvater

Hochvater Member

Temple Of Elemenatl Evil RULES!!! And has Neverwinter Nights as his sidekick! :-D

Our Host!