Official KotB Demo Final Bug List

Discussion in 'The Keep on the Borderlands' started by Shiningted, Jan 3, 2009.

Remove all ads!
  1. ethan_dawe

ethan_dawe Member

Great work to the developers of the KOTB mod! I had time and my daughter wanted to give it another try so we have been running through things. To avoid CTD issues I never rest in the keep and things have been fine! Keep up the awesomne work.

2. florian1

florian1 Established Member

The basilisk shows up as a random encounter when resting on the level where 'earth' creatures show up. It takes no actions, but provides experience when killed.

3. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

Ooo, thats different - I will check it out :)

4. harchunk

harchunk Member

I tried playing KOTB but Players in the party keep freezing and wont move. So i wait for the final version.

5. Shiningted

Based on your previous posts I have to ask - did you copy over the Pcs from your ToEE adventure? Because in KotB there are feats skills etc not in ToEE. You should keep them seperate.

6. Cyan Wisp

Cyan Wisp Member

Grovel, grovel, kowtow, kowtow. :notworthy

KotB is amazing! Thank you for all your work!

I have found that, when returning to the Keep, I first go to "Main Gate", then to "Marketplace". It seems to keep the CTD at bay.

I have only played twice, first as a LG party, but I botched most of the missions. The door problem below didn't occur.

This time, I am LE and I am frequently getting random encounters with doors! The name of the actual thing encountered is at the top of the window, but the icon below is Bobba Fett and the name next to that icon is "5 x doors" or whatever the number is.

In the actual encounter, creatures appear, but certain area spells, like "Sound Burst" seem to summon locked doors all over the place. (sorry, I have read this in a previous post, too).

Cyan Wisp

7. Shiningted

Doors on random maps are due to calls to monsters that aren't there. Sorry.

Doors for Sound Burst? Hmmm... KotB Sound Burst implements "drop weapons on Stun", so you are seeing an attempt to drop weapons that got screwed up somehow. Do you remember what monsters cause it?

8. Axiom

Axiom Member

I have something similar... I just was wandering around the spider wood and now I cant get back to the keep! every time I try I crash. One think I have noticed is I turned the auto save on, but when I get back from crashing... auto save is back off.

If you need anything else let me know :)

9. Shiningted

You have the crash bug. Sorry.

If its any consolation, it seems to be fixed now - I can;t remember the last time I had it. But that will have to await the final release.

10. Axiom

Axiom Member

Ah well, I waned to play KotB first before I played ToEE, but now it looks like I will do the opposite and wait for more fixes for KotB

For something modded, this is pretty awesome.. I havent seen anything fanmade with this much detail in it since I played U5: Lazarus a while back.

11. swanman999

swanman999 Member

Just finished killing the Guildmaster of the Theives Guild along with his reinforcements and guards. I cannot go up or downstairs. Game boots me. I have already killed the downstairs area (how I got into the fight in the first place as one of my NPCs went into the side passage that is "off-limits").

Am I supposed to be able to go upstairs into the "private" area?

BTW, I am WIN XP SP2, with patch 1.11 installed on a clean install (no Atari patch 3).

Also, really enjoying this mod, keep up the great work!

Thanks,

12. swanman999

swanman999 Member

After further review, I cannot leave the main guild room after killing the guildmaster and his minions...

crash going up, down or out...

13. Shiningted

Not sure where upstairs is, but the Guild was very buggy at Demo release. Now fixed, I believe, sorry to hear it has derailed your game.

14. Rocktoy

Rocktoy Established Member

Wow. This looks great. I hope it won't take too long to get final edtion since that CTD bug makes it almost unplayable. I just got back from the lizard men cave (did the spider forest already) and as soon as I got to the Keep from the main gate: CTD. :(

15. GuardianAngel82

GuardianAngel82 Senior Member

Has the CTD thing been fixed? Or is there a successful way to avoid triggering it?

Our Host!