NPC Inventory Managment Dialogue ?

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by Mike B., Apr 12, 2005.

Remove all ads!
  1. Mike B.

Mike B. Member

Awesome mod Livonya!

I'm not sure if the NPC inventory management dialogue is working properly. I added Meleny to my party. I asked her to "destroy all your old equipment", but her starting items (rusty dagger, boots and farmer's garb) stayed in inventory. All three original items trigger the message that the NPC will not allow you to remove this item. Okay, no big deal.

I purchased better equipment for Meleny and then choose the "don't sell or drop equipment" option. I just killed the giant and returned his head to the smith. I can't upgrade her with masterwork items because she won't drop anything in her inventory. I guess I can have Meleny running around encumbered, but I'm hoping the dialogue can be tweaked.

I noticed that Meleny still has the "don't sell or drop equipment" option but not the "destroy all your equipment".

Is there anyway to just turn off the NPC equipment flags? I would love to adjust her inventory at will just like the PCs.

2. Allyx

Allyx Master Crafter Global Moderator Supporter

I can also verify this, annoying isn't it!

3. lord_graywolfe

lord_graywolfe Wolfman

another problem along this line is with Otis. he gives you no options at all about his equipment. he keeps is normal stuff and adds his magical stuff so he is overburdened. when you talk to him he lets you ask questions but nothing about the equipment.

4. Livonya

Livonya Established Member

Otis is yet to be fixed.

- Livonya

5. Livonya

Livonya Established Member

I must have made a typo with her script. I will fix.

No, sorry, I do not know how to to turn off the NPC equipment flags.

The best I can do is get rid of the crap they start with.

- Livonya

6. lord_graywolfe

lord_graywolfe Wolfman

ok thats cool.....any other npc's that are still works in progress that we dont need to bug you with ;-)

7. Lord_Spike

Lord_Spike Senior Member Veteran

I always found...

...that I could swap their stuff around as long as I didn't get rid of what they started with. Or that I could let them die, sell stuff, and then raise them.

Never took Otis, though.

8. BoogieMan

BoogieMan Member

Oohlgrist, Darley, and Kella also don't have option for inventory management. And they never sell anything.

I assume Darley's Amulet gives her some of the stats that apply to her.
    (you know what I mean) so if she is ever fixed, you might be sure to check that amulet of hers as she should probably never take it off.

BTW Kella has just 40hp at level 9. Man, she's weak! My Elven Wizard has more, and that's just sad.

Last edited: Apr 13, 2005
  9. lord_graywolfe

lord_graywolfe Wolfman

trying meleny again this time through and even after i told her not to sell anything she still sells off anything she is not equiped with that they will buy. i cant give her scrolls or anything to carry cause she sells it but she lets me take it from her so i guess we have to tell her over not to sell? could we make the script just for the not to sell and leave out the part about not giving stuff to us? for now i just give them what i wan them to have and then take it back before we talk to a merchant.

10. Kalshane

Kalshane Local Rules Geek

Who's Kella?

I think the way Livonya's "Do not sell" script works is it causes the NPC to treat everything currently in their inventory as their starting equipment. I don't think there's a way to separate it out.

11. Lord_Spike

Lord_Spike Senior Member Veteran

She is....

SPOILER

...A Druid that is shape-changed into Hill Giant form. She can do this by virtue of a magic item in her possession. She is down on the 4th level of the dungeon, IIRC. She's described as an 'odd hill giant' or something like that.

12. Kalshane

Kalshane Local Rules Geek

Ah. Never recruited her, so I never remember her name. Thanks.

Our Host!