New to the game and forum and have some questions

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by dzubak, Feb 9, 2005.

Remove all ads!
  1. dzubak

dzubak Member

Based on the recommendations of a few sites (this one included), I decided to take the plunge and purchase ToEE. I installed the game last night and then installed the official patches v2 & v3, the Co8 patch v3.04, the Temple patch and the level up mod listed in the forums here.

Is there anything else that I need as far as patches or mods?

How do I ensure that there is no level cap (or is it automatically set)?

Any other advice? Game wise or Install/Patch wise?

Thanks for the info and I appreciate all that people have done in fixing somebody else's problems.

Brad

2. Lord Plothos

Lord Plothos Established Member

There is nothing else you should "need". That is, as well as the game is going to run at this point, you're set. By the way, though, if you mean moebius' temple.dll by "temple patch", then this includes the level-cap remover and the looting bug fix (which is all official patch 3 does in addition to 2), so you didn't need to mess with those. Also, getting official patch 3 (I think) includes patch 2 (which includes 1), so that might have been redundant. Anyway, all should be well. You'll be able to go beyond level ten, and all the major bugs should be taken care of, assuming you installed everything okay (though I'd be a bit concerned with compatibility issues between all the patches). You may want to invest some time in getting better portraits for the character-generation process. The ones included suck and are too few. You can find how to do that over at the modding section of this forum. Have fun! It's a great game (once you getting it to work).

3. dzubak

dzubak Member

Thanks

Lord Plothos,
    Thank you for your confirming my thoughts. I didn't see any official notice that the v3 patch included v2 so that is why I installed it. You were correct about my questions regarding the "temple patch" as being the moebius' temple.dll.

The install should be correct as everything was a self-extracting installation file except for the moebius temple.dll (it had other files included in the zip -- but now that I think about it maybe those were just the files that the Co8 3.0.4 patch included as many - if not all - were the same size and date as those overwritten.

Maybe I'll just redo the install. But probably not as I'm pretty anxious to actually try the game out. I went thru the tutorial last night and it seems like a great game.

Thank you again for your help.

-brad

Our Host!