Need: Wizard Transmutaion Spells

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by UniversalWolf, Jul 15, 2010.

Remove all ads!
  1. UniversalWolf

UniversalWolf agricola

I created a character I often use in cRPGs: a lawful evil Transmuter (sacrificing Enchantment and Conjuration, FWIW). This is pretty good in ToEE because of enlarge and reduce, haste and slow, and magic weapon spells. In general he tends to support the other PCs, although he can toss a fireball or two in a pinch. I like to play him as a pure Transmuter as much as possible, so he always takes transmutation spells when he levels up.

Unfortunately, there are very few mid-level wizard transmutation spells in ToEE. There's one level (I forget which one) where there's only one spell (that enlarges a number of animals), and another level where there are zero transmutation spells. This is not the end of the world, of course, because I can fill those slots with extended haste and empowered fireballs and whatnot, but still...

ToEE could use a few more transmutation spells for wizards. It seems from my memory of D&D that there are some polymorph spells missing, for example.

Just FYI.

Our Host!