Missing Area Transition Bug

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by Kespoosh, Feb 27, 2005.

Remove all ads!
  1. Kespoosh

Kespoosh Member

Has this been fixed yet? It's so crippling. I have all the latest patches (Atari 3/Co8 3.0.4, no problems yet), and I'm missing the following area transitions:
    TOEE Temples area to stair area, in the centre (I had to actually stay down there 'till I got Teleport, except in the one case where I managed to walk through a magically held door and hit another transition :S)
    TOEE bottom floor to water node
    TOEE bottom floor to air node
    A couple of secret doors in the moathouse
    As you can see, I'm totally screwed. If there is no fix, is there a "teleportation" cheat that I can use instead?
    UPDATE: Beautiful, I'm also missing the Earth node transition.

Last edited: Feb 27, 2005
  2. Lord Plothos

Lord Plothos Established Member

Part of your problem is almost certainly from the fact that co8 is coded to work with patch 2, and NOT patch 3. This is why people recommend the temple.dll fix, because it fixes the looting bug problem (all 3 does anyway), and is also coded for patch 2. I'd reinstall the game, apply patch 2, then co8, then temple.zip. That should help, hopefully.

3. Kalshane

Kalshane Local Rules Geek

I've never run into a problem with normal transitions not appearing. I do still have a problem with secret doors not appearing in some games using Atari 2 and Co8 3.04 with moebius's temple.dll.

4. Kespoosh

Kespoosh Member

Hmm, I'll try that, but later. For now I've decided to take on the Fire Node, and guess what? Two more bugs! Did you know that Fragarach/Scather AOO when you take ANY damage? Did you know that the game hangs if you get hit by fireshields (can you say Balor?) and get stuck AOOing (you get maybe three, then run out of action time and can't get past that character's turn)? I finally beat the Balor, no explosion, and -hooray!- I get "Invalid Action" when I try to pick up his gem.
    *sigh*

5. Kalshane

Kalshane Local Rules Geek

Yes. Scather/Fragarach vs the Balor is a well-known bug. At this point all I ever use Scather for is fighting Galub Duhr. Otherwise I use crafted weapons.

6. Kespoosh

Kespoosh Member

Yeah, I teleported back to town and crafted myself a new sword. Where I ran into another bug...God.

Our Host!