Minor dialog bug

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by tonedef, Apr 8, 2005.

Remove all ads!
  1. tonedef

tonedef Member

I noticed while talking to Terjon in the Temple Of St. Cuthbert about the moathouse that the spoken dialog audio did not completely match the text dialog displayed on the screen.

In the audio dialog, Terjon says "It would seem that it must be cleansed o fevil once again." However, the text dialog instead says "It is clear now that it must be cleansed of evil once again."

I'm guessing that the text dialog should be editted to match what is spoken in the audio.

2. Livonya

Livonya Established Member

This doesn't have anything to do with my mod, but never-the-less I will fix it.

Are you absolutely sure the spoke dialog was:

It would seem that it must be cleansed of evil once again.

I can change it to match, but it would be good to know this is correct.

- Livonya

3. Gaear

Gaear Bastard Maestro Administrator

Liv,

The pertinent file, v1150_m.mp3, from ToEE3\sound\speech\00023 (Terjon's audio folder), plays as follows:

"Even in its demolished state, its proximity to the trade routes of Hommlet, with sheltered rooms and underground labyrinth, make it an attractive den for bandits. It would seem that it must be cleansed of evil once again."

4. tonedef

tonedef Member

Indeed. I'm sure that this dialog bug is something that has been present in ToEE since version 1.0. It is one of those things that can easily go unnoticed for a long period of time. Thanks to Livonya's new mod, I have been inspired to replay the game again and try things that I did not do the last time that I played. This time around, I am paying more attention to details so that I can truly appreciate this game for what it is.

Our Host!