Magic Sneak Attack?

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by Ex Mudder, Feb 28, 2005.

Remove all ads!
  1. Ex Mudder

Ex Mudder Member

I recently picked up ToEE and have been working my way though it - L3, just started the Moathouse. I've discovered that my Arcane Trickster can't use his weaponlike spells to sneak attack. I have been able to sneak attack with a bow, but not Ray of Frost. Point Blank Shot also doesn't boost the damage of ray of frost or Acid Splash. I have yet to see if I can sneak attack with Shocking grasp (flanking). Has this ever been addressed?

Ray of Frost uses weapon finesse instead of Dex. I hope Shocking Grasp does.

I'm also getting arcane spell failure for my Bard when I she wears Leather Armor +1 (forgot when I got it - killing the traders, I suppose).

Been bit by the NPC in first slot bug. What do I have to do to complete these quests in the journal once I move Elmo to the #2 slot?

Thanks for any help.

2. Kalshane

Kalshane Local Rules Geek

What patches do you have installed?

Do you have a shield of some kind equipped? A bard's ability to ignore spell failure only applies to light armor, not shields.

3. Ex Mudder

Ex Mudder Member

Oops

Yeah, she had a buckler... oops.

Patch 1.3

Anyone know how to get my Paladin to heal anyone other than himself?

4. Lord Plothos

Lord Plothos Established Member

The paladin's healing abilities (be they cure spell or laying on hands) should work just like a cleric's cure spell. You pick the thing from the radial menu and get a little wand icon, which you use to select another character either by clicking their portrait or their figure on the map. Sometimes touch effects get messed up when your character can't move to stand next to the person you've got to touch. They'll say "yes, sir" or something, but do nothing. If that's the problem, just move the guys around until the paladin is beside whoever needs healing. If it's nothing I've addressed, it sounds like a bug, probably the result of a patch somewhere.

5. Kalshane

To use a Paladin's lay on hands, select the Paladin, then right-click on the person you want to heal, then choose Lay on Hands from the radial menu.

Same thing goes for Smite Evil. You have to right-click on who you want them to Smite, then choose it.

6. Lord Plothos

Lord Plothos Established Member

I'm not sure about smiting, but I've definitely used lay on hands on somebody else without right clicking on them. I picked lay on hands from the menu, slid over to "use" instead of "set" and got a wand, which I left-clicked on my target and it worked fine.

7. Kalshane

Weird. I've never had to work like that. Every time I choose "Lay on hands" from the Radial menu it automatically heals my paladin unless I right-click on someone else first.

8. Ex Mudder

Ex Mudder Member

Same here, cept I didn't know about the right click. Smite wasn't working either.

I take it that there are no plans to add magic sneak attacks to the game in a mod?

Our Host!