Jade Empress where?

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by kylan271, Apr 9, 2009.

Remove all ads!
  1. kylan271

kylan271 Established Member

:twitch: I didn't want to add a wasted Thread,but I looked via search for this merchant and it seems it was only in an older version of the CO8 Mo,is this correct or is she somewhere I haven't found in the current game????????????????? I am not sure so sorry I have to ask? Seems wasted if she is excluded:roll:

2. GuardianAngel82

GuardianAngel82 Senior Member

Not presently in the game. But she needs to become a (repeated?) random encounter, after the Moathouse gnolls are killed. ;)

3. kylan271

How come after the Gnolls are killed???? I know if you don't kill them they wipe out a caravan,but I have not let them go,so not had this yet. I actually thought she was a random encounter like Zaxis,but alas not.

I think it is a wasted character,as you have the merchants from Temple 3(?) who are darn hard to set up shop in Verbie,and a 'master' who is only late in game with his shop,so this gal would be cool fill in ^_* .

4. erkper

erkper Bugbear Monk Supporter

Wadda ya mean, "after the gnolls are killed?" Like that bunch could survive an encounter with JE. Have you seen her stats? There's no way they knocked off her caravan...

5. Avatar_do_Grafite

Avatar_do_Grafite Established Member

I dont believe that's was Jade Caravan's Empress. Is just a caravan, like lots of other ones.

(and, just to say, caravans are not safe in Greyhawk! They never reaches theyr destiny!)

Jade Empress is not in the game currently. After to kill the gnoll, ya just find the caravan destryed, No one around.
    Maybe in a late version of the mod, we shall see Jade Empress again.
    (well, I never have found she, becose I have jumped from mod 4.0 or something, where she was not protecting the caravan, to the actual mode, where she is not present...)

6. GuardianAngel82

I think that Jade, being a shrewd busness woman, isn't going to take her caravan into an area plagued by marauders. It's definitely an opportunity for another quest.

But, I understand there are some issues with her voice or something.

7. Gaear

Gaear Bastard Maestro Administrator

Jade Empress was never even a real game 'character,' per se, she just introduced the original shop map caravan. Hers was not the caravan that the gnolls raided, nor the one from the LG vignette, and she never reappeared later in the game so you're not missing anything.

JE will not be back.

8. kylan271

OK got it,did not know her function? Thought she was some merchant with cool things I missed ^_* . But,also to design a merchant and not use it again seems wasted in my thinking,as she could replace the faulty Verbie merchants.

Oh well. Appreciate the clarification.

9. GuardianAngel82

Curse! Foiled again!

10. Avatar_do_Grafite

Avatar_do_Grafite Established Member

Kylian have a good point.

I have problems with the Verbobonco merchants too. Its not an option to put Jade Empress as an permanent merchant in Verbo, instead of somekind of imortal bodyguard? People
    seem like her, and the problem with the verbo merchants is... Annoing.

11. Gaear

Gaear Bastard Maestro Administrator

The plan is to never fix the issues with merchants and other things in Verbobonco. When we say things like "overhaul" and "fix" in relation to the Verbobonc mod, that's what we mean.

Our Host!