Is this suppose to happen?--spoiler possible

Discussion in 'The Keep on the Borderlands' started by bytor, Feb 14, 2008.

Remove all ads!
  1. bytor

bytor Member

It took me forever to find the Druid everyone talked about so I was already level 4/5 before I find the Northern woods. Obviously, I breezed through it with no problem. After adventuring I came back to the Keep and couldn't find the Druid to complete the quest. So I ventured to the Pub like I'm inclined and talked to the Baliff to see what was happening and after he called me a time waster I was attacked by the entire pub. The first time I was slaughtered cuz my wizard does the talking and lost the iniative. So I reloaded and tried a different response, but this time I was buffed before the talks same occurrence, but different outcome. However, the guards at the Inner Bailey had no idea that this happened. I also tried putting on their uniforms to get in, but that didn't work.

So should this have happened?

2. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

Yes. Everything worked exactly as it should have. (Almost).

If the Bailiff attacks you, you must have pissed him off on numerous occasions. Each time he calls you a 'time waster' his opinion of you goes down, and eventually it will go down far enough that he won't tolerate you any more. It should probably be a little more polished - he throws you in gaol, or something, rather than just attacking you - but thats how it is for the moment. Its an example of how your actions have consequences in this game - if you go into a pub and annoy someone while they are drinking, over and over, eventually you will find their breaking point.

Where's the Druid? Well, he only comes out at night, and he wanders around. I find an easy way to get him to appear exactly where you want him is to go to the Gate Tower (where the Coroporal is by day), go inside, leave when the guards ask you to (and be nice, don't insult them or the 4th or 5th time you try this they might decide they've had enough of you) then when you come out the Druid will probably be standing right there.

Should the guards have let you in dressed up in a stolen uniform? Well, yes, they should, but I haven't written that bit. Its actually been in the developers forum as something that needs doing since July 24th, 2006 but no-one has offered yet and I had other priorities. A good reason to add the Disguise skill when the time comes :)

They should have been hostile though if you just wiped out the pub. That bit didn't work. If you have a save anywhere could you check if you had a reputation as 'Enemy of the Keep' or some such thing.

3. bytor

bytor Member

Hey Ted, I kind of figured that might have been the reason. It certainly caught me by suprised to see one of my kin get chopped to pieces like that. Maybe a non-lethal skirmish could be a solution.

Anyway, I reloaded a save and I wiped them out before the guards got in there this time and I exited the building with no reputation. Last time I didn't gain the reputation until butchered the inner bailey outpost guards. Hope that helps.

Is there possibly a certain order the quests should go in. I found out quickly I was not match for the dragon at the level i was at which was way before some of my easier encounters.

Our Host!