Is this game worth getting?

Discussion in 'Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines' started by philodox, Jul 25, 2005.

Remove all ads!
  1. philodox

philodox Member

Hi all,

I am a big fan of V:TM and have played White Wolf's pen and paper roleplaying games for quite some time. I heard about this game and its use of the HL2 engine and am quite interested.

My new computer is quite modest and I am unsure if I will be able to run the game properly. What do you think?

ASUS A8N-SLI
    AMD A64 3000+
    1GB OCZ Premier Dual Channel [2x512]
    80GB Seagate Barracuta [SATA 150]
    ASUS N6200TC [64MB, steals up to 256MB from system memory]
    Chaintech AV-710 [configured to use the high quality 2 channel Wolfson DAC for headphone use, ASIO installed to bypass kmixer]
    Windows XP Pro

I am planning on upgrading the video card when I get some more cash and possibly will go for an SLI configuration in the future. Although, I will probably need to upgrade my Enermax Noisetaker 370W at that point. :(

Thanks in advance,

2. avfanatic

avfanatic Member

You posted this a while ago (I'm new here), so I don't know if you're still interested, but if you liked the PnP you should like the game. It is a very faithful adaption of the PnP game. Some people at Planet Vampire posted mods to make it even more like the PnP. The biggest complaint I've heard is that firearms are unwieldy because the crosshair bounces a lot if your dice pool (Perception + Firearms) is low, but I have a Malkavian who uses firearms almost exclusively and I've had little problems with it. Malkavians btw have hilarious dialogue and learn secrets from the voices in their heads.

Also there are unofficial patchs that are up to version 1.7 as of 9/2/05.

Our Host!