Icewind Dale: ToEE - Total Conversion

Discussion in 'Icewind Dale Total Conversion' started by Allyx, May 7, 2016.

Remove all ads!
  1. gabriel

gabriel Member

I did the spreadsheet I mentioned. I wrote all of avaliable maps in the map column. In the next column "needs change" we write "yes" if the maps needs change and "no" if it doesn't, the maps that have containers with doors, I wrote "no" and the containers in parentheses, and maps that I couldn't decide were highlighted. The "already done" column is to indentify if the map is being worked on, already done or needs to be done. I'm changing the letter's color to red when the map needs to be done. I verified some maps - if they need editing or not - up to AR2000. I will verify the rest once I have time.

Can you guys check on the spread sheet the maps that you already done please? The link is right here
    One more thing, once I finished a map to whom do I send?

2. Allyx

Allyx Master Crafter Global Moderator Supporter

If the maps aren't too big, they can be added to a .zip archive and uploaded directly to the forum, alternatively you could email the files to me, my email address is alex_chilver@hotmail.com

I'll take a look at the spreadsheet in a little while and fill in what's been done already if I am able.

I have a few more NPC's that need the correct dialogue files assigned to their protos entries, the log book in the inn to make usable, Pomab's shop inventory to edit (currently using Rannos and Gremag's shop container) and the healing dialogue option to add to Everard's dialogue, then Easthaven itself should be about done.

I also still need to add the orcs to the cave map, then to check it's all working correctly, and then I can release this first demo section soon-ish.

Last edited: Aug 15, 2016
  3. Allyx

Right, so Everard and Accalia now handle healing via dialogue (mostly nicked from Terjon and Calmert) Accalia also takes donations, which do reduce healing costs - which was not the case in IWD.

Elisia and Jhonen's quest works. As does Aspel's wolf problem quest and Damien's fish quest.

Last edited: Aug 16, 2016
  4. Allyx

Ok, mini progress report. All of Easthaven is now working as it should with the following exceptions:

1. The kids with the Squirrel aren't speaking yet - no floatlines about poking the squirrel with sticks. :(
    2. Damien doesn't walk across the bridge towards approaching NPC's and initiate dialogue with them (not a big deal, you can still talk to him), and his Knucklehead Trout is actually the giant Gar's corpse.
    3. Hrothgar neither walks upto the PC's at the start of the game or to the Tavern door after his initial speech (also not a big deal).
    4. I've not added the random loot items to the Goblin Leader yet, and the 3 archer goblins need to have thier AI tweeked to a ranged one to avoid stupidness.
    5. Various NPC's have loot they shouldn't have... I haven't gone through thier inventories in detail yet. Edit: Everard and Accalia have the correct inventory now - mostly
    6. Jhonen's sword is currently a rusty greatsword, not shards of a broken sword.
    7. Old Jed's wine bottle needs the icon replaced - currently using a Bottle of the Good Stuff, which look a bit bloody to pass as even a reasonable vintage. o_O
    8. The Orc caves still aren't done yet.
    9. Area music and ambient sounds still need to be sorted out - which is bugging me actually. Edit: Done
    10. Pomab's store container has a few empty slots where I deleted a few items, and subsequently added items didn't fill the empty slots.
    11. Currently you are able to camp everywhere in Easthaven... except in the Inn, where bedrest is always available - I wasn't sure how to alter the camping/resting state of the maps to "pass time only" in town, pass time and rest after paying for a room at the Inn, and camping allowed on the caravan and Orc cave maps.
    12. The Dwarf in the Tavern needs a new portrait picture.
    Edit: Done.
    13. Due to certain Icewind Dale spells not being represented in ToEE (namely Projected Image and Chromatic Orb), alternative scrolls were seleted as loot in a certain location.
    Edit: Done.

Other than those things, it's progressing nicely. I'm gonna .zip it up now anyway and pop it on my Onedrive soon as I'm gonna need some help getting some of this stuff working correctly.

Last edited: Aug 3, 2017
  5. Allyx

I have now updated the link for downloading the Icewind Dale module files here - it is a big download (1.9gb - I am going to try cutting out certain files to reduce the size, the map files used for ToEE/Verbobonc/Hickory Branch/Welkwood Bog etc as I'm fairly sure they don't need to be in there as I'm replacing the map artwork, just need to make sure that doing so doesn't break the game), but the module so far is playable, and all the files are located in one .zipped file, and in a TFE-X module format, so it can be activated as normal. Easthaven itself apart from the few tweaks noted above is done, the Orc Cave is so far still empty, but hey, it's progress. :)

6. Oleg Ben Loleg

Oleg Ben Loleg Established Member Supporter

Congratulations:). Although I will wait until the Orc Caves are ready. Don't want to start playing and have to stop so soon.

7. Allyx

To be fair, those caves will only add about an extra 20 minutes play time, it will be satisfying to get to the caves done, all Easthaven quests completed, and the Avalanche video playing though as it should to mark the end of this stage, the beginning of the next part, and the first 'main town' in the game.

Last edited: Sep 4, 2016
  8. Gaear

Gaear Bastard Maestro Administrator

Deleting map jpegs won't break anything, even if they were used in-game. You'd just see a black map.

9. Allyx

@gabriel I have filled in the completed map info in your spreadsheet.

@Gaear I attempted to remove all the maps I'm not using earlier, as well as endslides and slide audio files too, somehow my entire ToEE installation became corrupted, backup installation too - I think ZoneAlarm has blacklisted temple.dll and I can't figure out how to fix it.

I have verified that the module files I uploaded this morning are not the cause of the corruption though, I downloaded the files on my laptop and played the module as it currently is from start to end with no issues.

10. Gaear

Does ZA have a quarantine list somewhere you can check? You could just set it to scan temple.dll and/or toee.exe (redownload to get copies or w/e) and then see what it does with them.

Usually it's toee.exe that gets hit, not temple.dll.

11. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

Heh, I literally had a 24 hour bug and took a day off and this is what I missed ;)

Great work Al, I'll download it over the weekend and see if there is anything I can help out with (and give warning before hand so we are not duplicating efforts). I'll put my hand straight up for #11 though, and also try to fix #2 and #3 because while not big deals, it's the little things that count ;)

12. Allyx

@Gaear I'll look for another firewall/antivirus today, ToEE.exe is already allowed in ZA, and it was working ok until yesterday, the problem started after updating windows 10... Perhaps it's windows defender that has the problem?

If necessary I'll reinstall a new copy of ToEE and use the module I uploaded yesterday and try again.

I don't suppose you would like to take a look at the module so far and thin out the unnecessary files @Gaear ?

@Shiningted I think I will concentrate on getting the Orc Caves populated, and getting the rest of the expedition quests working correctly when the game is all working properly.

13. Allyx

Ok, so a touch more weirdness than I was expecting, my game is now not broken and seems to work just fine... even though I didn't change anything. Oh well, happy days.

I've playtested everything in the module uploaded yesterday, and in addition to the issues noted above, there are a few other bugs are present - as to be expected when it's me making the mods...

Hrothgar's dialogue when you speak to him in his house for the second time needs a little work, he acts as though he's not been met when in fact he has.
    Edit: Fixed.

Accalia's healing is currently broken, I probably missed a bit of code in the script file.
    Edit: Fixed now, her dialogue was pointing to a PC response line after giving healing.

The Inn has 3 guys there that aren't meant to be that only show up at night time, unsure how that happened... o_O
    Edit: Emptied the Daynight.NXD file of entries.

The 3 wolves on the caravan map need to be set to KOS, the Orc there needs to sense approaching PC's set the caravan found flag for the expecition quest then run away.
    Edit: Done - though the Orc runs the wrong way.

Last edited: Sep 4, 2016
  14. Gaear

Okay. What's the problem with #9?

15. Allyx

I've not actually got around to changing the default ToEE sounds into IWD sounds yet... been busy wrestling with script files all day - but Hrothgar and Pomab's quests are complete-able now.

Our Host!