Happy Sad

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by Nickolovski, Jul 6, 2016.

Remove all ads!
  1. Daryk

Daryk Veteran Member

Right, but Mage Armor gives you +4 armor (the same as the Padded +3) without the dex limit...

2. Allyx

Allyx Master Crafter Global Moderator Supporter

You could give her the Dodge feat to +1 ac vs the first attack she receives each round. I'm unsure if normal clothing of any type is enchantable, likewise the tattoos from the labour camp, but if so, enchanting them to +3 with no armour check penalty would work, beyond that I don't think there are any other ways to raise AC that don't stack with something you are already buffing.

Alternately you could craft Gloves of Dexterity +3 and lose the padded armour +3, get all your dex bonus and mage armour bonus that way, you could also craft bracers of armour +5 which negates mage armour completely, but grants 5 ac when worn instead.

Last edited: Jul 12, 2016
  3. marc1967

marc1967 Established Member

For some reason the the +3 enhancement bonus to the the padded armor stacks with the Mage armor, giving a total bonus of +7. I really don't know to this day if that is how it is supposed to work in D&D, or if it's a ToEE exploit.

Thankfully there is no Masterwork Cloth Armor to get the +3 enhancement bonus with unlimited Dex!

But at this point in the game, with AC nearing 40, you really don't have to worry about anything hitting you except maybe the Balor with his gigantic flaming sword.

4. sirchet

sirchet Force for Goodness Moderator Supporter

Or anything that rolls a critical.

It's weird how even with an armor class of 42 a goblin with a club can still hit you if he crits and we all know how often TOEE likes to give crits away to anyone but the player. :p

Gehennis likes this.
  5. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

You leave the barbarian brigand in the moathouse alone! He crits at the same rate as everyone else!
    Masterwork Cloth is one of the things I always wanted in my own game, but would be somewhat of an exploit for others...

And yes, if +3 padded armor stacks with Mage Armor, that's just wrong.

sirchet likes this.
  6. Gaear

Gaear Bastard Maestro Administrator

In retrospect, I wish that guy had a story. He already has a name, unlike most filler types, and his unique abilities would give him a potentially juicy personal narrative.

7. sirchet

Isn't it mentioned somewhere that he and his small group don't even know about the pretty boy downstairs.

I think it would be awesome if he were a dumb but tough guy whose group of small time thugs are there to prey upon unwary travelers looking for shelter.

And the zombies at the bottom of the stairs have them to scared to go any further into the Moathouse.

8. Gaear

Gaear Bastard Maestro Administrator

Also he has a magical ability to cleave people in half on the regular. ;)

9. Daryk

Daryk Veteran Member

That's why I usually kill him first, in the surprise round if I can manage it...

10. Nickolovski

Nickolovski Member

All interesting....., bracers of armour +5 would add more.
    The padded armor is magical so has an enhancement bonus of +3 which stacks with the armor bonus of Mage armor.
    Yeah masterwork cloth armor would be great. Wonder why it doesn't exist?
    My Druid will get her barkskin to +4 soon. That will help. Also eventually get a ring of protection +5 which will outweigh the Shield of Faith +3 deflection bonus.
    So AC 44 looks possible.

11. florian1

florian1 Established Member

Is the Mage Armor stacking exploit something new, or is it a known issue for a while now? If it is new, could it be a bug in Temple+?

12. florian1

florian1 Established Member

Allyx: I'm unsure if normal clothing of any type is enchantable

Anyone ever attempt to enchant the Black Dress from the tailor?

13. Allyx

Allyx Master Crafter Global Moderator Supporter

I don't think normal clothing is enchantable either, the SRD states that modifiers of the same type do not stack, there are a few exceptions though. Mage Armor gives an Armor bonus of +4, Padded Armour gives +1. The enchantment bonus is a separate type of bonus and therefore can be applied, it also stacks with the enchantment bonus of the +3 buckler - whether the shield bonus is meant to stack with the shield spell or not, I'm not certain but I would guess it shouldn't.

14. Nickolovski

Nickolovski Member

No I don't get the shield bonus from the buckler when I cast the spell Shield. But I'm only interested in the buckler's +3 enchantment bonus.
    Worked out I'll eventually take Comabt Expertise for the +5 dodge bonus.
    AC 48 looks possible.

15. sirchet

Amulet of natural armor stacks with everything. :)

Our Host!