Game Crashs At Startup

Discussion in 'Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines' started by odinlove, Jan 22, 2006.

Remove all ads!
  1. odinlove

odinlove Member

New game that crashs at startup

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My computer is ok for the game, tough to configure at start but I just built it and it awesome.
    It has a DFI motherboard
    1024 RAM
    Two SLI PCI-Express 6800 video cards
    600 watt power supply
    280 gigs on the Hard Drive
    Sufficient duel layer DVD rom
    AMD 4000 64bit CPU
    19 inch flat panel monitor

So it installed ok but when I try start a game the screen is blank for a split second then nothing, just desk top. I posted @ Banshee but nothing then here, I hope to get a resolution soon enough though. I have a fire wall that is mighty but I don't think that is it becasue I enabled it there and turned it off and still nothing. I also installed Doom 3 the day before and it runs awesome, so in fact ir is scarry, really. And without having to adjust the firewall. I also am having the same problem with Temple of Elemental Evil, which I posted in that forum for HELP.

Basiclly here I can get to the options screen and extra and such and even change options but when I press start a new game, I get nothing, but a black screen for a second a flash of what I think is an intoduction paragraph then the desk top. Desk top only. Any help would be great.

I have the 1.2 patch and also the 2.0 patch but I do not know if that one is installed becasue version says 1.2 still. So I tried different screen resolutions and still nothing.
    HELP
    Thanks for the time and thought and any effort

2. Lord_Spike

Lord_Spike Senior Member Veteran

Please stop spamming the forum; these posts are in the wrong spot.

3. Morpheus

Morpheus Mindflayer Veteran

Well, it would seem he's having the same problem with ToEE AND VtMB, so this thread is actually in the right place. I'll delete the duplicate one, though.

As for your problem, odinlove, did you try the usual stuff? I.e. install the latest drivers, disable all background tasks, talk softly to your PC, etc.?

If it's a problem with the copy protection, you might wanna look for a No-CD-crack, usually www.gamecopyworld.com is a good place to find that kind of stuff.

4. odinlove

odinlove Member

Why is Peasant_SPike so ummm rude

Anyway, drivers as in direct x I had prior to install at 9.c and it is an official licenced copy of a purchased game, so I would figure the crack is umm ok, but should work it with out it.

5. Morpheus

Morpheus Mindflayer Veteran

Sometimes the copy protection causes problems even for people who are LEGITIMATE OWNERS of the game. There are known incompatibilities between some copy protection schemes and certain CD drives. In that case, I guess it's okay to use a No-CD-crack.

As for Lord Spike, don't mind him, he's probably had too much Bushmills. Seeing double posts and all that. ;)

6. odinlove

odinlove Member

Ok I'll look into that also, about the crack, but when I run the game what CD should be in the drive, I am assuming disk 1.

7. Lord_Spike

Lord_Spike Senior Member Veteran

Rudeness is an unintended side effect of trying to aid you, being new to this particular forum & all...you may find others being more so if you don't heed the advice offered; especially if Morpheus is the one offering it.

Me trying to be "nice" isn't "always."

:blegh:

8. odinlove

odinlove Member

Ok I am still wnating some hard core doom 3 fans to um, chew my fat so bring in the slabs and try nd fix it Mic.

9. odinlove

odinlove Member

I am having a hell of time.

Testerday I at least got video clips at the beginning and past first selection screen to the play screen then it crashed.

Today nothing

I reinstalled, repatched with both patchs. I then updated my video SLI drivers. That was wierd in itself.
    Few questions
    1)What is the command prompt that gets me into
    Start Menu / Run / Diect X consol thingy
    2)I am now getting a no video message when I am supposed to see icon trailers. No selection screens, but sound is OK. What gives here?
    3)I had soem problems, I reset my refresh rate to high and my Graphic cards were unstable for a few. I went back two day to an earlier periode on my computer for a fresh start
    4)Since all should eb fine but something is missing somewhere.

10. Gaear

Gaear Bastard Maestro Administrator

Are you still talking about VtM: Bloodlines, specifically? You're not likely to get much help with that game here, despite the fact that it's a Troika title; this is predominately a ToEE site.

Being as VtM: Bloodlines uses Valve's Source engine (Half Life 2), check out their forums for help: http://www.steampowered.com/ .

11. odinlove

odinlove Member

Up that si Vampire hunter not bloodlines you dolt.
    Yes throw me beer too and potatoes and leave that to him

12. Gaear

Gaear Bastard Maestro Administrator

Still haven't sobered up yet?

Let me try to make it as simple as possible: "Bloodlines" uses the "Half Life 2" engine. If you're having problems with "Bloodlines," it could be that you could find help at the Steam forums, where they discuss "Half Life 2" game issues.

Unless by "Up that si Vampire hunter" you mean you're playing some other game, in which case, why are you posting here?

Somebody get this guy a cup of coffee. :drunk:

13. odinlove

odinlove Member

Thnks Gaear but I joined the site but for some reason as of right now I cannot post,
    It says I am registared, but I do not have the permission to post?
    I'll be waiting

14. odinlove

odinlove Member

I was told that Vampire Bloodlines the Maquerade is based on the Half Life 2 engion. Well My system is more than campable of handeling the game, but after about four days of trying to run I can't. I had my PC builder and mentor try and fix and he can't either.
    Game into movies load OK and I clear two menu's then when I hit New Game to start, the screen flashs a into paragraph then resets to desk top and game is gone.

My system is custom
    DFI SLI mother board
    2 SLI PCI express graphic cards 6800
    4000 AMD 64 CPU
    1024 RAM
    100 gigs on second drive
    duel layer DVD burner
    600 watt PS

That was post finally

15. odinlove

odinlove Member

Still no sollution to issues