Feldrin script broken

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by t0lkien, Oct 16, 2010.

Remove all ads!
  1. t0lkien

t0lkien Member

Feldrin + Alrrem encounters broken

Just thought I'd mention these, I haven't seen references to them anywhere else:

1. The Feldrin "Stop this fighting, and I give in" script is broken in that it pauses combat for him but not for other bandits. As a result, the rest of his minions keep attacking, and there is no way to follow the conversation through. Usually my Cleric finishes him off mid spiel as a result of Great Cleave and an AOO as one of his minions runs through my attack space and attacks me.

2. If you choose to try and kill Alrrem, the minions in his area seem to be bugged, and the battle will enter some sort of endless loop on either one of the bugbears or the Hydra. Maybe they are trying to move and it's getting stuck via a logic hole in movement code? Either way, it's kind of fubarred atm ;)

Last edited: Oct 16, 2010
  2. t0lkien

t0lkien Member

P.S. Updated with Alrrem issue.

3. Ausdoerrt

Ausdoerrt Veteran Member

Hmm, didn't get the Allrem issue last time I played through that.

4. Sitra Achara

Sitra Achara Senior Member

Is the Alrrem issue repeatable?

Where is your party located when it happens?

5. cezmail

cezmail Gorboth's Rider

I have encountered this bug with Feldrin before, but I usually just try to wade in and bump him off to save my time and get his little green men to charge and impale themselves glaive and Ranseur wielders. :D

6. t0lkien

t0lkien Member

@ Sitra, I have a couple of savegames right at the point of the bug, and it happens no matter what you do.

I eventually got around it by engaging everything in a corner, and probably got lucky and bumped off the problem mobs before they could bug.

P.S. if you want a copy of the savegames, just let me know and I'll send them over.

Last edited: Oct 18, 2010
  7. Gaear

Gaear Bastard Maestro Administrator

I'll have a look at the Feldrin thing.

8. Gaear

Gaear Bastard Maestro Administrator

Okay, regarding Feldrin, are you saying that when he starts to make his speech, combat does not actually stop at all? Or are you saying that after he yields and leaves via dialog, combat with the rest of his gang resumes?

The latter is supposed to happen, the former not. Either way, I bulletproofed it so that combat stops for sure when Feldrin starts talking.

9. t0lkien

t0lkien Member

I meant combat continues while the conversation is attempting to play out i.e. the conversation window pops up, he speaks, but combat continues in the background, his minions keep cycling through their combat actions, one inevitably passes through my attack range -> AOO + Great Cleave, and Feldrin lies dead on the ground having barely started his parley ;)

Having died, his conversation window disappears, so at least it didn't lock up!

10. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

"Wait, wait, lets us parley. Now, I offer you... stop that, this is a parley! Pax! Truce! Why you... stop!... aaaargh..." :dead:

11. Sitra Achara

Sitra Achara Senior Member

I ran into similar problems with Lareth, and back in the day, with the Traders. Not sure what causes it, but it seems that initiating dialogue via a time event, as well as removing everyone from everyone's shitlist, does the trick.

Our Host!