Craft Magic Arms and Armour, a question?

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by Tim2000, Apr 15, 2005.

Remove all ads!
  1. Tim2000

Tim2000 Member

I have a 6th level Wizard and want to Craft a +1 Masterwork Battleaxe. When I get to the Craft Arms and Armour dialog window, I select Masterwork Battleaxe, then +1, now...do I need to manually change the name of the weapon as is in the dialog box? from Masterwork Battleaxe to +1 Battleaxe or whatever? I also notice that after I craft the weapon, it does not appear with a blue halo around it like other magic arms and armour? any help on this would be appreciated...

thanks,

Tim

2. Cujo

Cujo Mad Hatter Veteran

When you click on the +1 and then the blue > arrow the name will change by itself to masterwork battleaxe +1 but the choise of name is up to you. For every enhancement you give it in one session before you click ceate, it will add the enhancement name to the weapon name in the box. If you wanted you could call it magic spoon +12000 but of course it wouldn't be true, just type over the name and call it what you want.

The "colour" depends on what enhancement you have given the weapon(I think the type of weapon has an effect as well), if you have mighty cleaving the weapon looks kind of shiny and sharp. flame, on my katanas just makes them look orange but on my greataxe it actually burns.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2005
  3. Cujo

Cujo Mad Hatter Veteran

Does anyone know the prerequisites for ALL the magic weapon effects, I assume that aligment, level and features effects it, eg you have to be good to get holy and evil to get unholy, but what about all the others?

4. 0rion79

0rion79 Established Member

Nay, but you may check D&D 3.5 rules and use a bit of good sense.
    For example, if you want to add fire damage to a weapon,you must have fire spells.
    Instead if you want to forge holy, lawful, evil or chaotic weapons, then you must have a cleric with those alignments. Those weapons are outstanding but they requires really a lot of XP. Moneys are not a problem... that's why I'm asking for a PNG who enchantes weapons for the party!

Our Host!