Console Crafting

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by FGWquester, Jun 2, 2012.

Remove all ads!
  1. FGWquester

FGWquester Member

I am playing the version of Temple of Elemental Evil that came with the recently released anthology master collection. (I believe that means I have patches 1, 2, and 3).

I have been using the console to try to craft without using a party member. I use item_worn_at(#) to get the object, then I put it in my inventory (console crafting does not seem to work on equipped items until they are re-equipped), then I use item_condition_add_with_args to add properties (+3, flaming burst).

Everything appears to work (with the exception of burst effects having incorrect damage types), but I had a few questions.

1: Am I missing a step? I heard that OIF_IS_MAGICAL is only used to allow an object to need identification. If it has other magical properties, I may need to set it. Other than that, I have not thought of anything else to add or set.

2: Do I need to remove the masterwork property? It remains on the weapon after adding Weapon Enhancement Bonus. I have done very little crafting without the console, so I do not know if that is normal and harmless.

3: Is there a function to change the values of a property? I don't want to add a +1 enhancement, then +2, then +3 if they all get added and take up space. I am not sure what normal crafting is programmed to do when trying to upgrade the enhancement.

Also, every time I add Keen to a weapon, the range is increased by 2 (instead of being multiplied by 2). A 20 weapon becomes 18, 19 becomes 17 (correct), and 18 becomes 16. I have not found any information on this by searching the forums and other forums; is this known?

EDIT: The incrementation by 2 seems to be only a display error. A keen 18 weapon gets a threat on a 15, and a keen 11 weapon (which shows 9) gets a threat on a 7 (in fact it seems to hit with threat on everything except 1 (critical miss)).

Last edited: Jun 14, 2012
Our Host!