Co8 8.1.0 bugs

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by sirchet, Aug 15, 2014.

Remove all ads!
  1. messedup

messedup Crazy Warrior Supporter

Here is the zip file. It has everything I have learned. I just found Rudy's mods so I added what I could of them but haven't gone through with them. It could help people and programmers. I have notes and I use it as I am trying to get all the spells so there are two colors in each level (except 1 since there is the starter room) for my two wizards. The xps are for 8 people (I haven't been able to modify my characters as I have heard others do.

Attached Files:

2. Allyx

Allyx Master Crafter Global Moderator Supporter

Thanks, that spreadsheet is very handy, I haven't added Rudy's mod yet myself, but I like what I read in the thread about it. I want to go all the way through the latest NC patch first before adding other mods to it and getting distracted with modding.

3. Endarire

Endarire Ronald Rynnwrathi

Negative Ability Scores, Dude!
    Exactly that. Unlike in tabletop, ability scores if damaged enough can go negative (instead of stopping at 0 or 1, depending).

4. sirchet

sirchet Force for Goodness Moderator Supporter

You heard it here, Allyx is going to start modding again! :p

5. mastergradius

mastergradius Member

in the "tools of the trade" mission given after defending hommlet. after defeating the dwarves i cannot exit and instead take damage from falling rubble. anyone else experiencing this?

6. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

I will try to have a fiddle with those testing spells since they were meant to be used with wands, I think? I'll fix them in the Domain spells mod if no one minds.
    Dude, I can't even get my local 7-11 to stock every flavour of popcorn!

A mod where you can purchase wizardly services as per the rules would be cool (and mentioned before).

7. messedup

Just got to the Smigmal fight again. Why are the xps messed up? You get 2700 at level 5 and 2400 at level 4.

8. Daryk

Daryk Veteran Member

Did you have a different number of characters?

9. messedup

It is always with 8 and it is the same number of people. Level 5 gives a higher amount that level 4.

I still have 8 people and the mixed up xps for combat also happen when fighting the Balor Guardian at the end of the Fire Node. You get 2700 xps at level 11, approximately 2500 xps at level 9 and approximately 2200 at level 8.

Last edited: Apr 2, 2016
  10. Daryk

Daryk Veteran Member

Weird... sounds like a definite bug to me.

11. messedup

The only thing I can think of is you haven't killed everyone...There is a big thing in the lower left corner. I usually get it when all the dwarves (king and the drow groups) attack.

12. crossmr

crossmr Member

24 pages..not sure if this is noted or not, but I just installed this on the gog version. On the screens where it shows skills. The ability modifier should list the ability in a little blue rectangle. It's just blank. This was during creation and during regular play. Other places the blue rectangles have proper text on them.

Also are there no 16:9 resolutions? I'd like 1600x900 as that is the native resolution of my monitor

13. marc1967

marc1967 Established Member

When they re-did the character sheet layout a few years ago, the main stats section became a static layout of a single image, instead of writing in each of the labels dynamically. So the abbreviations for STR, CON, etc. were removed from data/mes/stat.mes, otherwise they would overlay the static image of the character sheet.

The problem is that those are used elsewhere as you noticed, so at times where the abbreviation for the ability score is needed you will see a blank.

14. messedup

You may want to check the walkthrough. I think it says in there that there are some screen resolutions that won't work with TOEE.

15. Daryk

Daryk Veteran Member

You can set 1600x900 manually and I've done so with good results. It's been a while, so I don't remember the details, but I think there's a "widescreen" thread around here somewhere with instructions.

Our Host!