Clipping

Discussion in 'TemplePlus' started by DarkStorm, Sep 9, 2009.

Remove all ads!
  1. Sitra Achara

Sitra Achara Senior Member

Speaking of revolutions, if you want to be revered as a god among men, then crack the .SKA animation format. IIRC that's the hurdle preventing us from implementing new monster types (and who knows, maybe other things like falling grates for the harpy trap, fungi curtain, etc).

2. DarkStorm

DarkStorm Established Member

Well I actually already had a C++ program capable of playing them. I think I used mostly the source of the mesh exporter for that. But he got some of the values wrong, especially in they keyframe animation part. (It's not *really* keyed ;)

There were some issues: The animation length was defined in an akward way for loopable animations and I didn't quite grasp how.

But reimplementing my SKA loader for my Engine is a task for the near future. Next up is Hierarchical View Frustum Culling (Click for explanation).

Cu,
    Storm

3. BigLittleBoy

BigLittleBoy Member

I just tried to import .3ds files from max to blender and vice versa. It works flawlessly, no missing faces or corrupted geometry.

4. DarkStorm

DarkStorm Established Member

Did you try to import a DAG file using the Bender plugin i posted way up at the beginning of the thread and converted that to 3ds? What do you think of the geometry?
    I think it's apparent, that they initially tried (see the clipping-test or part of the homlet geometry) to use low-poly versions for clipping, but later on (See basically any temple-map) they just switched to exporting the entire thing to DAG's and used them...

What's your opinion on that?

Cu,
    Storm

5. Gaear

Gaear Bastard Maestro Administrator

Apologies for taking this thread off course for a moment ...

Can you be more precise about what's wrong with the Verbobonc day map? I'm aware that day and night maps typically have different looks, mainly due to pooled shadows and that sort of thing, and that Verbobonc day is just a lightened version of the night map, but much of the difference between day and night maps is indeed 'artsy' and the proper domain of Photoshop.

6. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

Sorry: what I meant by 'new ToEE maps' was KotB, and the fact that Screeg and BLB can get me the 3d originals that many of the new maps are based on. The problem will be sizing: I resized most things in Photoshop so they no longer match the originals. But we'll find a use for this, no doubt about that :)

7. Agetian

Agetian Attorney General Administrator

The .SKA format is already cracked, I just need to find the specs (I put them somewhere and can't find them at the moment, perhaps the recent HDD crash is to blame). If I find those, I'll post them here so that a full-blown plugin may be written.

- Agetian

Our Host!