Can't wait for this...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Lord_Spike, Nov 16, 2005.

Remove all ads!
  1. Lord_Spike

Lord_Spike Senior Member Veteran

2. Obadiah

Obadiah Member

I am uncertain about Charlize Theron pulling off this role. I haven't really seen any of her stuff, but I seem to remember watching the actual series, way back on mtv when they had a weekly? (well, I remember some things now and again, not everything) show on saturday nights with cool, kick @$$ cartoons and anime shorts. I seem to remember something about a dude with a giant head and an alien inside it too, but that might have been another show (which I believe I watched while stoned anyhow).

Anyway, The original series starred a very tall, flexible, and lanky type assassin with superhuman agility and speed (ninja skill type abilities). I'm sure movie magic could easily pull that off, but I also seem to recall the original assassin girl dying in like half the episodes. To be honest, I'm not sure how good this movie will be if compared to the series. I can only say that it should be a comparison based on what I have seen from the trailers, and not a movie in its own right, as they have obviously taken more than the name from the series. It looks like it will be a future-age assassin type movie genre, so.

I am HOPING that it will be done well, but then again, I was HOPING that the D&D movie (God, strike me dead for naming that absolute atrocity) would be good too.

3. Cujo

Cujo Mad Hatter Veteran

I can't wait for this either (I love the cartoon), now there is no way in hell that any human in our current stage of evolution could pull of aeon's look but there are 2 things that will make me be able to tolerate the movie (if it differs from the toon in ant "strange" way) first she dies about 3 or 4 times in the toons, and second there is this quote from the computer game "as you play throught the 400 year span between the pioneering mtv animated series and the feature film"

4. Obadiah

Obadiah Member

All your base are belong to us!

Our Host!