Bug: Wizard level ups

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by kylan271, Oct 17, 2012.

Remove all ads!
  1. kylan271

kylan271 Established Member

:angry:

I have to report a level up bug where you can not level up,if you have:

1. All spells learnt or only 1 left.
    2. You have spells slots(1-2)to fill before finishing.

I had greyed out spells(learnt),with only 1 left,but the second slot remains unfilled and refuses to finish. Again learning all spells,both slots wont fill as none to learn,so can't finish the level up-stuck on 'spells' selection.

*I learnt all spells in game start shop and some on start up selection filling the 1st level list bar one-colour spray,and upon 2nd level level up,could not complete!!! :(

So again after the secret door bug,I have to redo my 6th game from just this..lol. I have to ditch the Mage and console up another via Inn book,and not be so good at learning spells!!!. :dizzy:

Has anyone encountered this or have solutions??? :tired:

2. Gaear

Gaear Bastard Maestro Administrator

How did you do that? :scratchhe

3. GuardianAngel82

GuardianAngel82 Senior Member

You can console cash and buy them all.

4. Gaear

Ah okay, so a cheating 'bug.' I'm not interested in fixing those. :p

5. silo25

silo25 Established Member

its about the same "bug" as if you give characters high intel. with the skill points on level up

6. kylan271

No cheat!!!

You use Bless water to buy the spells in the shop+Learn the ones not listed and find some in game at start. I fluked all except colour spray.

Oh forgot that could happen also about high intell.

7. Nightcanon

Nightcanon Garrulous Halfling

Well, the answer is to not go into levlling up already knowing all the spells. You don't need em all anywwy.
    ps: Bless water should cost money in material components so if you're making money on it then there's an exploit somewhere (even if it's not being charged board by the shop while you cast all those spells).;)

8. Gehennis

Gehennis Established Member

Couldn't he just select a new class at level up and wait until he either reached 4th (and 8th) level to increase his Int (or craft a Headband of Intellect?)?:dizzy:

9. Nightcanon

The problem is that the game requires that you select 2 new wizard spells to learn as part of the process of going from Wiz1 to Wiz 2. If you already know all the lvl1 spells you aren't able to do this so you are stuck (as silo says, it's the same situation as if you have too many skill points -more than you can actually spend- as a result of an artificially boosted Int score). Levelling up as another class avoids this, but there's no way togo from wiz1 to wiz2 at any stage.

10. Goshi3156

Goshi3156 Dire Badger

Yeah, if you cheated for every low level spell, you deserved it. You reap what you sow.

Its not like you'll be using every lvl1 spell in the game.

11. kylan271

Hah hah,noooooooooooooooo cheat though. ^_*

I do not know selling bless water was an exploit? At my Appraise at 1st Rogue,I got about 8gp per bless water,at 35gp or so per scroll,so 4-5 holy water each. I have 2 spells/day so took ages to generate the income in shop.

So do not think a cheat,just being clever ^_* .

12. Nightcanon

According to the PH, material component for Bless Water is 5lb/25gp worth of powdered silver. Not sure what living expenses should be for a party of 5-6 adventurers living in a shop for couple of months while their cleric runs a cottage industry making holy water, but it would make it pretty uneconomic. You don't need all the lvl1 spells- you can't memorise them all anyway. Just pick the ones you like the look of and get out for some real adventure!

13. SCO

SCO Member

This is a real bug, that requires a exec hack.

Who cares if it is a 'cheating' bug. Don't dismiss bugs that ruin games.

14. dale5351

dale5351 Established Member

How about the section describing the modpack that says something to the effect of use console at your own risk?

15. Gaear

This is an example of inappropriate tone again ...

The way this usually works is point-counterpoint and so on. We don't just shout commands at one another and put on that we're angry, cool, disgusted, etc.

My counter-points:

1. We don't concern ourselves with exploits that can be gotten via cheats. If we did, we'd forever be making sure everyone could roll through the game with 80 strength and so on.
    2. How does a wizard being unable to levelup because he/she already illegally knows all spells at first level "ruin the game?"

Our Host!