annoying looting bug

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by x6ax, Apr 17, 2005.

Remove all ads!
  1. x6ax

x6ax Member

ive downloaded and installed every patch to try to fix the looting bug, but none of them work :(, i still cant loot corpses...

any suggestions?

-thanks

2. Zebedee

Zebedee Veteran Member Veteran

3. x6ax

x6ax Member

nope :wtf: still didnt fix it...

4. Zebedee

It might be Microsoft Service Pack 2 related if that's what you've got (you could try going back to Pack 1, but I'm not in the habit of recommending stuff like that over the internet because it will probably then have a knock on effect on other things on your PC) and if you do then you're on your own and you do it because you feel it's a good idea ;p).

Just doublecheck that you have patched everything in the right place, make sure that you have a true clean install; but apart from that I can only say check out the tech boards over at the Atari forums. I know it's not much use or help to you, but I've only ever seen this bug when I didn't patch Moebius' temple.dll after Atari 2.

5. Lord Plothos

Lord Plothos Established Member

If you've installed the patches correctly and you still have the bug, you're the first person I've heard has had this problem. I'd say odds are you missed something in the patching process. Can you extrapolate on exactly what you did? What files went where, and in what order?

6. x6ax

x6ax Member

well i dont know the exact files that went in but i did patch 2, then co8 patch, then the moebius.

7. Zebedee

If we are going to be able to help you, you need to tell us exactly what you did.

For instance, where exactly did your Moebius.dll go to? Did you get the option, when patching it, to write over existing files?

Our Host!