An annoying little spellcaster glitch...

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by adarius, Aug 6, 2007.

Remove all ads!
  1. adarius

adarius One man army.

Well I've been playing a point buy party with the level 20 cap, 3 members are lvl 17 and my sorceress was level 16(brought her in late). I FINALLY got the sorceress to a level up, and I found that you can't go past lvl 16 on a sorceress. When leveling up, it asks you to choose a second 8th level spell. The problem, is that the only available 8th level spell, is a summon, which you obtain in a previous level up. So my question is, is there anyway around having to get that second 8th level spell, would Co8 find a way to bypass or add 8th level spells, or am I going to have to unfortunately multiclass my sorceress?(I'm not good with multiclassing) I'm not sure if this also affects wizards or rangers as well. Since I've never leveled a wizard or ranger up past 8ish.

:tears:

Last edited: Aug 6, 2007
  2. Lord_Spike

Lord_Spike Senior Member Veteran

The engine won't support some of the stuff you've inquired about. And yes, other classes are affected by the level cap being extended to 20. Rangers are a good example of this, iirc. The game was designed for a party of 10th level characters to succeed. As to the spells situation, most of the spell modding members are on hiatus right now, so you could be stuck with having to multi-class her. My advice is to finish the game with this party as soon as you can, then try another party out without doing so much xp farming. Take 4 characters so they won't get so high too fast.

3. adarius

adarius One man army.

But that was using 4 characters... I just need to learn not to go crazy, and that party only took me around 2-3 weeks. =\ I have a lot of free time and I like games...

But I figured so, I read about the spell scripters on hiatus while looking around, so I multiclassed her to a ranger, she's lvl 18 now with specialty in archery, shes got a longbow and spells....damn she's one hell of a fighter/caster. I can't wait to max her at 20...

4. Lord_Spike

Lord_Spike Senior Member Veteran

I realize that now. I got mixed up with the other thread, and wasn't math-ing correctly.

"Paladin"
    Rogue
    Cleric
    Sorceress

Take a 5th, then. They should level up 20% slower.

Our Host!