Icewind Dale: ToEE - Total Conversion

Discussion in 'Icewind Dale Total Conversion' started by Allyx, May 7, 2016.

Remove all ads!
  1. Allyx

Allyx Master Crafter Global Moderator Supporter

Today I managed to get the Avalanche movie, IWD End credits, and end_game commands working, so all the quests are working as is... the Orc cave isn't necessary to complete this section, and is still on the to do list.

I've also made Easthaven sound like Easthaven, most of the houses have the right sounds now, just a few more to fix, and there are area specific sounds that I have not yet added (I haven't found code for @Gaear 's sound cabbages yet).

2. Gaear

Gaear Bastard Maestro Administrator

Ok @Allyx, here's some stuff you can get rid of:

- data/movies - everything that's vanilla ToEE or custom Co8
    - data/slide - all the Co8 endslide and movie jpegs
    - data/sound/music - everything that's vanilla/Co8 and/or not used by IWD mod
    - data/sound/speech - everything except the pcvoice subfolder (unless you intend to import IWDs PC voices and use them exclusively - then the others can go)
    - data/sound/slide - everything
    - modules/ToEE/art/ground - everything marked "Co8" except the shop map, everything else not IWD except marked "random," assuming you're going to use ToEE RE maps as they exist in the Co8 modpack
    - modules/ToEE/townmap - everything not IWD

3. Allyx

Awesome, thanks Gaear, tomorrow I put this fat mod on a diet. :D

Then i'll figure out why my 'trigger by proximity' dialogues only work with Hrothgar, manage to get those kids' floatlines working, give Fruella a Dwarven makeover, rename Lareth's dresser, work out why the Tempus Initiate CTD's when healing, why the Orc outside the cave isn't running away, checking and redistributing NPC's items as they should be in IWD, and finally getting around to populating the caves with Orcs, some Orc Shamen and an Ogre, and some loot to the containers. :)

4. Allyx

Diet done, from 1.9gb to 1.36gb!
    Damien initiates dialogue as he should (still doesn't approach the PC's to the far end of the bridge but meh).
    Fruella is now using the bearded blonde dwarf portrait picture.
    The "dresser" the now just that.
    The Orc sets the vars and runs away properly - even if it is in the wrong direction... meh.

Uploading again now.

5. gabriel

gabriel Member

Hi Allyx, sorry for my late reply, again. Sometimes I receive an e-mail notification, sometimes I don't. And speaking of e-mails, did you get my e-mail I sent you last week with a map? If you don't, we need to see what is going on. I may need to send you a single file per e-mail because the *.png files are big. I have other maps to send you, but first I need to know if you are getting my mails.

I saw the spreadsheet. Thank you, now I can work on the proper maps.

6. Allyx

I have now @gabriel . It was marked as junk, so that would be why I missed it before. That is the very next map I needed too! :D The other maps in the #20xx range are the main priority for now mate, cheers.

7. Allyx

Right, the new slimline (1.35gb) version of the module so far is available in the other thread - which is located here.

8. FDR4PREZ

FDR4PREZ Established Member

OK, very nice. I've downloaded the new slimline version and played it thru.

I am certainly glad to help out in any little way that I can.

Here are the little things that I've seen:
    1) There are three saved games that are included in the zipped file. At least they were already in the list when I save/load games.
    2) My saved games within the town are shown as the Moathouse, and my saved game in the caravan/cave area are showing as Hommlet
    3) Jhonen - Is he wearing a dress, or just flowing robes? I walked by him a few times thinking he was a female. No real need to change things, but I'm just curious if this was the look you were going for.
    4) there are a few dialog windows (maybe 2 or 3 iirc) that have the many lines of text of item #1 overlapping #2. I don't know how to take screenshots during the game, but I can snap a shot with my phone camera, if needed. I'd have to play thru from the beginning as I didn't really take notes on exactly who I was talking with.
    5) I think I can enter into Pomab's shop without opening the door. I just click near the door and I enter in the shop. I think I saw this happen at the fishmonger's place, too, but it is more consistently happening at Pomab's.
    6) when I was in the Inn, and I went to talk with that elf in there (sorry - forget his name), his door was closed to his room, and when I clicked on him my character just ran right through the closed door to talk with him.
    7) for Aspel's Workshop, you pick the lock to enter in to fight the wolf, but after you battle and exit to complete the quest, I noticed that the door is locked again after resting. Is this by design? I guess that broken key is still stuck in there, yeah?

In the grand scope of things these are just things to polish up a bit.

It was my first time playing IWD since so many years ago when it was first released. Brought back many memories and it's leaving me patiently waiting for more.

I will certainly start over again.

Oleg Ben Loleg likes this.
  9. Allyx

Ok, in answer to those points you have raised @FDR4PREZ

1) Oops, I probably should have deactivaed the module before .zipping the files.

2) Will fix, soonish... Technically the areas presented so far are like ToEE's vignette maps.

3) It is a robe, but I will be going through all of IWD's NPC's inventories and recreating as best I can the items that should be present.

4) Will fix, hopefully swapping the larger text entries to the last reply option in those dialogues will be sufficient to resolve the issue.

5) There are a few doors/icons that need fine tuning, the warehouse also needs some clipping, and maybe an artwork fix on the doorway itself.

6) That happens even in vanilla ToEE itself at times, just one of those things I think.

7) Could be the "always locked" flag on the door? I'll check and fix.

10. FDR4PREZ

I've played some more today (don't tell my boss I was playing instead of working :oops:)

There is an issue with exiting a house. To the left of Hrothgar's house there is a little house with a female townsperson standing in front of it. When you exit that house there is a good possibility that one of your characters will materialize on the segment of porch that is behind the door, in front of the window, and there is no way for that character to walk off out of that area. Even if you close the door, you can only walk back and forth in front of that window, but you can never leave that segment of porch. I have a picture taken from my phone, if needed.

As previously mentioned in the posts above, within the town it is OK to camp, but in the caravan area you can only pass time. I wasn't sure if this was a known thing to you guys. From the original IWD, I don't recall if the caravan map is "campable", or not. If random encounters could be added, then I don't see why you shouldn't be able to camp in that map. But maybe not, so you don't use that map to gain many levels before you leave on the expedition.

And then, just for fun, I had my party go on a killing spree.

I tried to kill Everard first, but he is one tough cookie. So I decided to kill everyone else first, in an attempt to raise some levels. Hrothgar made us 2nd level, but I can't get to 3rd level in the current game. Everard is just too tough.

So I reloaded and then I first I killed Hrothgar, and I noticed that there was no consequences. Nobody cared. No town members seem to care that I killed him, not even Everard when I go to the temple after killing Hrothgar.

When I killed the fishmonger (and his boy toy in the bedroom), then I got the "butcher of Hommlet" reputation. Still nobody else seemed to care.

Then I killed the barmaid, and her patrons tried to help her - all to their demise. Actually I don't recall them even do anything in the battle except just stand there. After the battle nobody outside cared.

Then I killed Old Jed, too.

When I killed Jhonen, then I got the "purveyor of swift justice" reputation. Only at this point Aspel cared because he attempted to KOS. If I didn't kill Jhonen, then Aspel will not attack me.

I left Everard for the last male standing. Only now Everard and that Initiate NPC attacked right away, but I don't know which reputation caused this to happen. So one of my reputations from either killing the fishmonger or Jhonen caused Everard to KOS.

Everard doesn't mess around. He flame striked us and that was pretty much it - everyone dies except my barbarian. In the second round suddenly a guy named "Cleric" teleported in to help him out, but Everard handled us without his help. Two rounds = two flame strikes = dead party :mad:

Who is this mysterious "Cleric" that teleports in? Was he in the original IWD?

I guess I can run the town and leave Everard alone in his temple. If only I can barricade his doors!!! I've killed all the other males, so I have all the females left to my discretion :cool:

maybe i'll reload from a previous game so I can attempt to kill Elisia. She may be able to get me to level 3 and/or use less party members so the XP is more concentrated.

Now Everard and that mysterious "Cleric" guy is on my blacklist for later in the game!!! I'll show him a thing, or two, once I can throw him a flame strike, too, or something bigger :p

11. Allyx

The porch problem is a known issue, found that myself a couple days ago, I can fix that.

The mass killing spree weirdness is something that needs addressing, basically everyone in Easthaven is a modified Hommlet citizen. The scripts for them will need reworking a bit to make everything run smoothly as it should. Though killing Hrothgar is essentially a 'game over' since he transports you to the next part of the game, and you can't get there without him.

I have mostly been concentrating on getting the quests themselves working, the NPC's standing in correct locations, and interacting in the correct manner, with the exception of the kids not commenting on the squirrel, and the initiate crashing the game when healing for an unknown reason I think I've achieved that much.

12. FDR4PREZ

Oh, and when I initiate battle with Everard, he immediately initiates a dialog box.

But that dialog box is empty, in which case I need to Ctrl-Alt-Del to force close ToEE.

Sometimes in that blank dialog box is a "1." for like a dialog response option, and if I click that then the dialog closes and battle ensues.

13. Allyx

OMG, I think I've just found the perfect Yeti model. Thank you @Half Knight.

14. Allyx

I had a week away from modding this week DIY needed to be done more, but I have fixed Accalia's healing dialogue, changed both her and Everards equipment, stats, skills, feats (though I think Accalia is missing one) and spells, also removed Everard's extra script calls.

@ineth Am I reading the IWD stat blocks correctly - thateverard is a level 7 Cleric, yet has a level 7 spell memorised? Something screwy about that...

15. Sitra Achara

Sitra Achara Senior Member

I'm getting a crash in Easthaven exterior. Appears to be related to sector 469762056 - I tried loading it up in WB and it found an unparseable embedded objects (using the protos.tab provided with the IWD relase).

Our Host!