Wildshape

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by Renly, May 8, 2012.

Remove all ads!
  1. Renly

Renly Member

First of all, I apologize if this has already been mentioned before. I tried searching the forums, but could not find any relevant information.

Wild shape is bugged, in a way that it sets your speed to 5. That is known.
    But, that is not all that happens. It confers every weapon, armor, shield and item enchantment to your animal form. It literally makes you into a slow moving tank.
    If you have a + 3 holy flaming weapon, your wild shape attacks will have the same enchantments. Your rings, amulets and cloaks will grant you their bonuses.

This bug makes wild shape very overpowered in terms of sheer defensive and offensive power, though speed remains a huge problem.

Is there any way that this bug can be fixed?

Renly.

2. Renly

Renly Member

Since no one had replied, I will write some of my findings on this subject. Feel free to stop me if this has already been discussed.
    Easiest way to test this bug is to just save while in wild shape and then reload.

Adding a ring, shield and a weapon has no effect on wild shape speed, though it still adds ring, weapon and shield bonuses.

Adding any other item affects the speed.

Adding one item your speed is 20.
    Adding a second one, your speed is 15.
    Adding a third one, your speed is 10.
    Adding a forth one, your speed is 5.

Casting Longstrider spell does not increase your speed by 10, but acts as if you had ONE item less, thus if you have four items, and cast Longstrider your speed will be 10.
    Having five items your speed is still 5, but it negates the effect of Longstrider.

Equipping any of the items that lower your speed also denies you your DEX bonus.

Charging attack with wild shape form deals non-lethal damage.

Last edited: May 9, 2012
  3. Gaear

Gaear Bastard Maestro Administrator

Hi Renly,

If there appears to be a lack of interest here, it's because the issues you are bringing up would seem to be hard-coded, and we don't really have hardcore reverse-engineering capabilities and modders here atm. We've also kind of moved on from core-related stuff, as there's only so much you can do and we've been doing it for years and years already.

Thanks for reporting though.

4. Renly

Renly Member

Not a problem, just wanted to help people who love playing druids, if they stick to some of the things I mentioned wild shape can be relatively playable.

Cheers.

Our Host!