party of 6

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by birdman, Apr 11, 2012.

Remove all ads!
  1. birdman

birdman Member

is there a way to get 6 PCs in the party at the beginning of the game? i do not mean picking up Spugnoir, or Ronald or anyone else. I mean creating 6 PCs and having them start as one party.

2. GuardianAngel82

GuardianAngel82 Senior Member

Yes. You can change the number of PC's in the party in the options on the Front End before a new game. The 6th one you add won't appear on the party roster until you start the game.

3. nyarlathotep

nyarlathotep Merry Murder Maniac

you can even make a party of 8 this way. Not good for xp, but you're sure to kill a lot of enemies :p

4. sonofliberty

sonofliberty Established Member

I set my party to 6 in the front, but when I try to bring my 6th member into the group at the inn of WW he will not join or even enter into a full conversation. NG party bringing in a pally as #6 if that matters. The thing is, before I upgraded to 7.1.0 NC I could do it.

5. sonofliberty

Bump. Is there any other way for me to get my pally as my 6th character? My party was built in anticipation of his joining the group. Thanks.

6. erkper

erkper Bugbear Monk Supporter

Why didn't you put him in the party from the beginning instead of waiting to add him at the WW?

If your plan was to include 6 PCs from the start, and you are still in Hommlet, I'd suggest just starting over and creating a 6-man party.

7. sonofliberty

How do I do that? Anyway, my plan is for him to join after a couple quests are done that he cannot be a part of, like the drinking game. I used to have him join after the others make 4th level. He catches up very quickly, especially when the spell casters start making items. This leads to my dwarven fighter being highest level in the group, but since he is the group's tank that is fine.

8. GuardianAngel82

Build and add 6 characters during creation. The 6th won't be visible until you start the game. Be sure you've adjusted the pc/npc ratio on the Front End.

9. sonofliberty

Ok, I didn't know that was possible. I can always start him as a fighter until the quests that cause him to fall are over. Thanks.

10. GuardianAngel82

I've added the Paladin after the Drinking Contest, too. But also consider adding Paladin levels to the fighter after the blocked or "fall" quests are over. I usually just don't include Paladins in the party.

11. sonofliberty

Yeah, I have been trying this but it isn't working.

[edit]

For future reference, reactivating the module fixed it.

- Gaear

Our Host!