Circle of Eight Forum

Go Back   Circle of Eight Forum > Modding > General Modification

Notices

General Modification Here there be modders! In these hallowed halls, you'll find a wealth of ToEE modding info.

View The Keep on the Borderlands on Mod DBDownload Keep on the Borderlands 1.0.1 from Mod DBView The Keep on the Borderlands on Mod DB

Old December 18th, 2011   #1
Ausdoerrt
Bugbear

Smile Circle of Eight Modpack v7 / v7 NC Bug Report Thread

Druid spell Shillelagh - states quarterstaff deals 1d10 dmg, the summomed weapon's description reads 2d6 (long and short)

Old December 23rd, 2011   #2
chano
Goblin

Smile Re: Circle of Eight Modpack v7 / v7 NC Bug Report Thread

Most likely a bug, and hopefully not a SPOILER

When accepting quest number two from Alremm and travelling directly to the ogre caves i got a strange encounter with hextorites 2 warriors and two wizards.
I am guessing this should not happen here.
The fight was outside the cave and started without dialogue.

Quote:
Not really a bug but a mistaken holdover from some testing or other. They will be gone next time, thanks.
Old December 23rd, 2011   #3
WinstonShnozwick
Goblin

Angry Re: Circle of Eight Modpack v7 / v7 NC Bug Report Thread

Here's a bug I had today. During the fight against Lareths guards in 7.0, this particular sergeant screwed up my game. On his turn in combat (every turn) he moved half way through his animation be it attacking or walking, and then he froze completely and his movement gague turned grey. His turn would not end for up to a minute later, where it would immediately unfreeze and go on to the next person's turn in combat. Also, since I found this a difficult fight, I wanted to kill a few guys and run away. So when I tried to flee combat, my druid's movement bar greyed out with the button on the bottom remaining red, and I could not do anything. I was able to use a potion to end my turn and thus leave combat. But when I did so and was outside the moathouse exit, the game would CTD after a few seconds. I was able to consistently cause this to happen, and I'm now on my third attempt fighting to not have a crash happen again.

edit: My third attempt, the sergeant froze just like in the picture below, but his turn never ended and I had to reload my save. This is infuriating.

editedit: Fourth attempt at the fight. I ran in quick and killed the buggy sergeant, and his death stopped any further game freezing. If you want I can give you the save file responsible for this.

Quote:
Sitra will have to address your sergeant bug as that's his thing.
WinstonShnozwick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 24th, 2011   #4
erkper
Bugbear Monk

Kind of a silly little bug, but somewhere during the Hommlet fedex quests, I started getting a credits screen that comes up when (and only when) using the worldmap to move point to point in Hommlet. It does not happen when travelling from outside of town, and did not happen when I first started the game, but sometime after. It doesn't crash the game or anything, and the credits will go away after a few seconds (or sooner if you hit a key) but it is somewhat irritating nonetheless.

[Edit] - OK, from searches I see this has been an ongoing, though probably rare, bug since at least 5.7.0, and probably longer. No biggie, I can ignore the credit screen.

Quote:
Dang, I 're-enabled' that by un-re-naming the credit movies and then not un-un-re-naming them back. Somehwere a couple releases back that started mysteriously happening, and I don't have the slightest idea why (it makes no sense whatsoever), so we just renamed them so the game wouldn't call them come movie time (which is now apparently while traveling the worldmap ). We'll re-fix that.

Well, I speak LOUDLY and I carry a BIGGER stick - and I use it, too! -Yosemite Sam

Last edited by erkper; December 24th, 2011 at 09:36 AM.
erkper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 28th, 2011   #5
WinstonShnozwick
Goblin

Gaear, here's another significant bug I encountered. Also, if you havent seen my last post, maybe you could check that out?

When I finally decided to trigger the nulb house ambush, I was a bit into the fight and an invisible unit appeared named "treasure map 2". It seemingly was an enemy to me and the nulb ambushers. Because rannos and gramag and co. started fighting the invisible unit, not noticing me. The unit could not take any damage, so the fight lost all difficulty. In addition (to the unit not supposed to be there) this "treasure map 2" unit had a turn in battle every round, and it would do nothing, leaving it's action bar greyed out and causing me to wait about ten seconds for the next character's turn to happen. When I killed the ambushers, this invisible bug unit stayed in battle, doing nothing at all, and so I could not end the battle. Fortunately I was able to flee battle and then reenter the house, where I did not see the bug unit. Here's a picture;

Quote:
That's a known phenomenon that shouldn't be happening there. What it really is is an invisible object used to spawn the R&G gang. They are actually all over the place in ToEE but you never see them. Normally they are flagged as invisible, mute, invulnerable, and no-flee so they don't get involved and cause trouble like that. I don't recall any issues with them on that map before now, and i don't think they've changed, which probably means it's a fluke.
WinstonShnozwick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 3rd, 2012   #6
SCO
Skeleton

I know that St Cuthbert is neutral but damn.

Killing the two new clerics at the base of the stairs in the church doesn't turn Calmert hostile.

Quote:
I tested that and he did become hostile (as well as call in Terjon like he's supposed to), but only after I dragged the battle into his view from behind the curtain. I suppose we could move the clerics to where he can 'see' them more clearly.
Old January 6th, 2012   #7
SCO
Skeleton

Took the gems from the back of the throne with the golden orb in my possession. Game didn't end (war of the golden skull i guess) - banishment movie played, but the old lady remained in the game afterwards (i could talk to her!). She offered the pillar of light for the skull as usual. I accepted and ended like that. The slide that played was the banishment one.

Quote:
Yeah, she'll have to be turned off.

Last edited by SCO; January 6th, 2012 at 02:38 AM.
SCO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 7th, 2012   #8
gazra_1971
Knights of Legend

Also, Gremag says his voice sample when you begin talking with him, but then he repeats the same voice sample when you begin trading with him. Is it possible to change this so that he only says that voice sample once when the player is talking with him?

Calmert also says his voice sample twice - when you start talking to him, and when you begin trading with him.

Quote:
They all do that (some you don't notice because they don't have voice audio). AFAIK it's not moddable.

If the player doesn't do all of the FedEx quests around Hommlet, then when the player talks to Jakk Borton (Leather Worker) about masterwork leather items, Jakk won't mention anything about healing Bing (Brother-in-law). I recommend adding a dialogue option to Jakk Borton's dialogue node where he asks you to try to heal Bing's dementia so that Bing can make masterwork leather items to sell to the player.

Last edited by gazra_1971; January 9th, 2012 at 07:03 PM.
gazra_1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 10th, 2012   #9
gazra_1971
Knights of Legend

These are for 7.0.0 NC:

In the attack modifier calculation window, when a character is wielding a strength bow that has a higher strength than the character's strength, the -2 penalty is mispelled "Unsufficient" Strength. The correct spelling is "Insufficient" Strength. (see screenshot below)

I encountered and killed Turuko, Kobort and Zert when they ambushed me coming out of the moathouse. Afterwards, I talked to Kenter Nevets who said the following dialogue to me (see screenshot below). Clearly, Kenter Nevets needs his dialogue node tweaked so that he doesn't say that after I have already killed Turuko and Kobort.

Last edited by gazra_1971; January 24th, 2012 at 09:05 AM.
Old January 11th, 2012   #10
J'allan UlDragos
Dragon Warrior

In regards to the illegal protos bullet/ arrow blue dots, there is also one in the cellars under the Church of St. Cuthbert. I always thought that was maybe a ring or something like that "dropped" on the floor, and noticed that it was impossible to pick up.

Old January 12th, 2012   #11
gazra_1971
Knights of Legend

After I killed the assassin and confronted Rannos Davl and Gremag with the assassin's note and elected to attack them, they did their vanishing act. I went back to Burne and when I revealed to Burne that an agent was sabotaging the castle construction, Burne said the following dialogue to me (see screenshot below). This doesn't make sense because Rannos Davl & Gremag had already buggered off to Nulb. Burne needs his dialogue fixed. At this stage in the game, I had the 'Traders Revealed' quest mentioned, 'The Traders' Courier' quest completed, and the 'Agent Revealed' quest completed (in that order of doing them), as well as the 'Target of Revenge' reputation.

The first few times that I played this game, I always got the line of dialogue with Burne where he offers to tell you his puzzles. But the last few times that I have played the game, I never got the line of dialogue with Burne where he offers to tell me his puzzles. What are the conditions for the line of dialogue to appear where Burne offers to tell the player his puzzles? I recommend modifying it so that Burne always offers to tell the player his puzzles after a certain stage in the game (like after the player has cleared the moathouse) - that way, the player always gets to do Burne's puzzles.

Last edited by gazra_1971; January 15th, 2012 at 07:39 AM.
Old January 14th, 2012   #12
WinstonShnozwick
Goblin

If you didn't catch this; I'm not sure if the merchants in the Archers Eye refresh their inventories. It's been a few ingame weeks and they still have the stuff I sold them.

Old January 15th, 2012   #13
gazra_1971
Knights of Legend

gamequestlog.mes has a typo in line 295:
Quote:
{295} {You've been told of a witch who is rumored to have appeared in the area somehwere to the east of Hommlet.}

Sitra Achara's new Dala mod only makes Dala attempt 'Sleight of Hand' on the player's party leader the first time that the player's party enters the Waterside Hostel. If Dala successfully steals an item from the player's party leader, then there is now no way that the player can get his/her item back through dialogue. I recommend that this scenario be changed back to the way that it used to be, i.e. Dala attempts 'Sleight of Hand' each time that the player's characters enter the Waterside Hostel, so that the player can eventually catch Dala attempting to steal and then talk to Dala which allows the player to legitimately start combat (through dialogue) with Rentsch and his gang, which enables the player to get back his/her items that Dala stole.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SA
Strange, I never modified that behavior. At least not on purpose... will look into it.

Ok, it looks like what's bugging it is that when she returns to her spot, she faces away from you, and thus her "can_see" check fails. Wonder why that changed? Anyway, I'll issue a fix.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SA
1. The real cause is her relocation to a new standpoint (which, for the record, wasn't my doing!). Funnily enough, since her vanilla standpoint was such that she couldn't go back to (it's on a blocked tile), it prevented her from facing away from the party due to walking back to her spot.
2. Nevertheless, it's simple to repair without reverting the standpoint - fixed.

When talking with Preston Wetz, an apostrophe was missing in the word "don't" (see screenshot below). But when I examined the 00107preston.dlg file, the apostrophe is present:
Quote:
{90}{[looks down] Well, this is kind of embarrassing. My...um...guild expects me to collect for them. I have to collect from Madam Ophelia down at the Snake Pit. I don’t get paid unless I collect and she doesn’t have the money, know what I mean?}{[looks down] Well, this is kind of embarrassing. My...um...guild expects me to collect for them. I have to collect from Madam Ophelia down at the Snake Pit. I don’t get paid unless I collect and she doesn’t have the money, know what I mean?}{}{}{}{}

Regarding Sitra Achara's new Dala mod, the first 2 times that my party leader successfully caught Dala attempting to steal from my character, Dala vanished but the first time that I moved one of my characters past where Dala was before she vanished caused Dala to make an attack of opportunity on my passing character (see screenshots below). However, the few subsequent times that I attempted to replicate this, Dala no longer made any attack of opportunity and Sitra Achara's Dala mod worked as intended.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SA
Maybe it can be avoided if I cause her temporary paralysis...
Quote:
Originally Posted by SA
Fixed. She is now scripted to be temporarily paralyzed, and will be unable to perform an AoO.
File Type: jpg Dala's AoO.JPG (33.6 KB, 19 views)
File Type: jpg Dala's AoO (2).JPG (51.0 KB, 17 views)
File Type: jpg movement bug.JPG (85.9 KB, 16 views)

Last edited by gazra_1971; January 16th, 2012 at 08:01 AM. Reason: typos
Old January 15th, 2012   #14
Gaear
Bastard Maestro
Administrator

Angry Re: Circle of Eight Modpack v7 / v7 NC Bug Report Thread

Bug: Warp Wood doesn't work. At all. Doesn't destroy/disable/weaken wooden weapons, doesn't open wooden chests. Not sure when or why this happened, as none of the original control files have changed.

When cast, rolls window displays an invalid Help system hyper link reference ("Vadania casts ~Warp Wood~[]!"), even though there is nothing wrong with the help.tab text and hyper linking works fine via the Help menu function.

Old January 16th, 2012   #15
emo_ome
Butcher Of Hommlet

Fallen Paladins can't atone at the church of pelor (Canon Ramses), when giving the the 6k gold, Canon Ramses will initiate the monster mash quest starting from his dialog "Yes....".

Quote:
D'oh, stupid mistake ... fixed, thanks emo.
emo_ome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 29th, 2012   #16
gazra_1971
Knights of Legend

Re: Circle of Eight Modpack v7 / v7 NC Bug Report Thread

The following information applies to version 7.2.0 NC:

The file 00550gnarley_witch.dlg has a typo in line 70:

Quote:
{70}{[She gives you her first smile.] Yes, I should be fine, now I am free I have ways of escaping. But first, please let me give you something in return for your efforts. [She brings out a trinket from somewhere in her the folds of her corset.] This is a ring of wonder and wizardry rarely matched. I do not use such magicks, and only carry it lest I need something valuable to ransom my life.}{[She gives you her first smile.] Yes, I should be fine, now I am free I have ways of escaping. But first, please let me give you something in return for your efforts. [She brings out a trinket from somewhere in her the folds of her corset.] This is a ring of wonder and wizardry rarely matched. I do not use such magicks, and only carry it lest I need something valuable to ransom my life.}{}{}{}{}
The word her needs to be removed in the above quote.

The file 00355corpus.dlg has a typo in the following lines:

Quote:
{22}{Paladin of Heironeous? What are you doing here in a brothel? You know paladins call fall in these places. Especially if you're drinking beer.}{}{1}{}{100}{}

{32}{Paladin of Heironeous? What are you doing here in a brothel? You know paladins call fall in these places. Especially if you're drinking beer.}{}{1}{}{110}{}

{42}{Paladin of Heironeous? What are you doing here in a brothel? You know paladins call fall in these places. Especially if you're drinking beer.}{}{1}{}{120}{}

{222}{Paladin of Heironeous? What are you doing here in a brothel? You know paladins call fall in these places. Especially if you're drinking beer.}{}{1}{}{240}{}
In all of the above lines, the correct word is meant to be can, not call.

The Commander of the Temple Guards (i.e. the guy in the room that is in between Senshock's room and the main corridor in the Greater Temple) has 2 Generic Helms in his inventory when the player loots his corpse.

If the player kills the Elven Maiden (who the player meets on a random encounter map and who is the envoy for Countess Tillahi who gives the player the reward for rescuing Countess Tillahi), then the Elven Maiden has both a Blue Elven Chain and a Green Elven Chain in her inventory when the player loots her corpse. Normally, she gives the player Blue Elven Chain as a reward, so my guess is that she wears the Green Elven Chain.

The long description for the Masterwork Great Cleaver lists incorrect damage (it lists 1d10 - it should be 1d10+1 because that's the damage that the weapon currently does because it is actually a +1 magical weapon and not just a masterwork weapon):

Quote:
{4213}{This is an extremely sharp meat cleaver similar to those used by butchers or housewives. It can also be thrown. / To Hit Bonus: +1 / Damage: 1d10+1 / Damage Type: Slashing / Critical Range: 17-20/x2 / Keen Weapon (Critical Range Increased by 2) / Range increment: 5 feet / Weapon Proficiency: Martial, Handaxe}
The Masterwork Great Cleaver (proto #4213) has the following entries in its proto:

Quote:
Property 1 Type | Weapon Masterwork
Property 2 Type | Weapon Enhancement Bonus
Property 2 Param. 1 | 1
Property 2 Param. 2 | 0
Property 3 Type | Weapon Keen
The "Property 1 Type | Weapon Masterwork" is unnecessary/redundant/superfluous and can be removed. Also, the Masterwork Great Cleaver is incorrectly named - its correct name would be "Great Cleaver +1". However, I would argue that the Masterwork Great Cleaver is INSANELY overpowered because it does 1d10 damage, has a critical threat range of 17-20, has a critical multiplier of x3, can be further enhanced and enchanted, and can be wielded 1-handed! There are currently 3 Masterwork Great Cleavers in the game (Fruella has one, and there are 2 Female Bugbears that wield them in The Temple of Elemental Evil). I recommend that the Masterwork Great Cleaver either be removed from the game or significantly nerfed!

I would also argue that Fragarach and Scather are INSANELY overpowered and should either be removed from the game or significantly nerfed!

When I entered combat against Gunter Gladstone in the Spruce Goose Inn (by talking with him and then he gives me no option but to attack him), the innkeeper joined in the combat on Gunter Gladstone's side (see screenshot below). So I reloaded a saved game, positioned all of my party's characters out of sight of the innkeeper and entered combat with Gunter, but this time one of the Verbobonc Women saw one of my characters hit Gunter which caused her to scream in terror (with a temporary hovertext and hover-portait), which caused evey Verbobonc Man and every Verbobonc Woman in the inn to enter the combat on Gunter Gladstone's side (see screenshot below). So I reloaded a saved game, positioned all of my party's characters out of sight of every NPC in the inn (other than Gunter Gladstone), waited for the 2 patrolling Verbobonc Women to walk out of sight of my one character in the room where Gunter Gladstone is, and then attacked Gunter Gladstone with just that one character. Doing the combat this way prevented any of the NPCs in the inn from going hostile and joining the combat on Gunter Gladstone's side. Phew! I suspect that the innkeeper and the Nulb Women and Nulb Men in the inn have an allied faction with Gunter Gladstone.

When I fought Senshock in his room, I let him escape. Unfortunately, the instant that he escaped, combat ended because all of Senshock's minions instantly became nonhostile (see screenshot below). My characters could freely run around Senshock's room and his minions remained nonhostile.

One time while I was in Nulb, I noticed an eternally radiating outwards concentric ripples in one spot on the map (within the red circle in the screenshot below). The animated ripple had no adverse effect on the game.

The recruitable NPC Kella (Hill Giant) has permanent SR[16] (i.e. Spell Resistance of 16). She is a half-elf and she has no items that could possibly be providing the Spell Resistance. I read the section about her in the original PnP module (room 414). She is supposed to have no other magical items apart from her Phylactery of Change. Her Spell Resistance is a bug.

When I Wild Shaped Kella into the shape of a Hill Giant, she started off always doing exactly 7 damage each time that she hit (which is her Strength Modifier while in the shape of a Hill Giant) because she wasn't rolling any dice damage for her unarmed strikes. Later on, while still in the shape of a Hill Giant, she started always adding +2 damage to her total damage because she had a Longsword +2 equipped when she changed shape to a Hill Giant (see screenshot below). The damage that Kella does while in Hill Giant shape is bugged.

I recommend both changing the Ring of Resonance's long desciption to include the vital fact that only wizards can use the ring, and include that vital fact in the witch's dialogue at line 160 of the file 00550gnarley_witch.dlg:

Quote:
{160}{[She frowns.] It resonates with the magical mind. I do not know how to explain it in your language. Suffice to say, it allows you to recast spells you have already cast. It is priceless in this part of the world, but for 20,000 gold I can let you have it.}{[She frowns.] It resonates with the magical mind. I do not know how to explain it in your language. Suffice to say, it allows you to recast spells you have already cast. It is priceless in this part of the world, but for 20,000 gold I can let you have it.}{}{}{}{}
I recommend changing the dialogue to something like:

Quote:
{160}{[She frowns.] It resonates with the magical mind. I do not know how to explain it in your language. Suffice to say, it allows its wearer to recast wizard spells that have already been cast. It only works with wizards. It is priceless in this part of the world, but for 20,000 gold I can let you have it.}{[She frowns.] It resonates with the magical mind. I do not know how to explain it in your language. Suffice to say, it allows you to recast spells you have already cast. It is priceless in this part of the world, but for 20,000 gold I can let you have it.}{}{}{}{}
Quote:
{6655}{This amazing artefact resonates with every spell its wearer casts. Once per day, that resonance can be unleashed in an harmonic convergence that restores all the day's cast spells to the wearer's mind, allowing them to be cast again.}
I recommend changing the Ring of Resonance's long description to something like:

Quote:
{6655}{This amazing artefact resonates with every wizard spell its wearer casts. Once per day, that resonance can be unleashed in an harmonic convergence that restores all the day's cast wizard spells to the wearer's mind, allowing them to be cast again. This ring only works with wizards}

Will-O-Wisps and the Seahag can both be criticially hit. I believe that these monsters are supposed to be immune to critical hits because they lack vital areas (being a ball of energy and undead respectively). Is it possible to make these monsters immune to critical hits?

The file 00372senshock_verbobonc.dlg has a typo in line 180:

Quote:
{180}{In the general sense, she enjoys dominion over her subjects for one reason alone: her will. She possesses and incredible innate talent for magic, which combined with her natural beauty created in her at an early age both a natural expectation that she would always have her way, and a profound disdain for disappointment, since she so rarely had to suffer it.}{In the general sense, she enjoys dominion over her subjects for one reason alone: her will. She possesses and incredible innate talent for magic, which combined with her natural beauty created in her at an early age both a natural expectation that she would always have her way, and a profound disdain for disappointment, since she so rarely had to suffer it.}{}{}{}{}

In the combat against the Earth Temple Troop Commander, 2 of the Earth Temple Bugbears do nonlethal damage to the player's characters.

The Juggernaut always does nonlethal damage with its first attack. Then it always does normal damage with its attacks for the rest of the combat.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Spruce Goose innkepper.JPG (58.8 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg Spruce Goose Inn allied to fugitive.JPG (127.5 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg Senshock's minions.JPG (73.5 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg Nulb ripple.JPG (102.9 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg Kella's crit damage.JPG (8.7 KB, 9 views)

Last edited by gazra_1971; June 24th, 2012 at 09:58 AM.
Old May 30th, 2012   #17
Gaear
Bastard Maestro
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by gazra
The Commander of the Temple Guards (i.e. the guy in the room that is in between Senshock's room and the main corridor in the Greater Temple) has 2 Generic Helms in his inventory when the player loots his corpse.
Somehow it seems like we've addressed that before ...

Quote:
If the player kills the Elven Maiden (who the player meets on a random encounter map and who is the envoy for Countess Tillahi who gives the player the reward for rescuing Countess Tillahi), then the Elven Maiden has both a Blue Elven Chain and a Green Elven Chain in her inventory when the player loots her corpse. Normally, she gives the player Blue Elven Chain as a reward, so my guess is that she wears the Green Elven Chain.
Yeah, seems that way.

Quote:
The "Property 1 Type | Weapon Masterwork" is unnecessary/redundant/superfluous and can be removed.
It may need to have the masterwork property in order to craft it, as it doesn't appear to be flagged as magical.

Quote:
The "Property 1 Type | Weapon Masterwork" is unnecessary/redundant/superfluous and can be removed. Also, the Masterwork Great Cleaver is incorrectly named - its correct name would be "Great Clever +1". However, I would argue that the Masterwork Great Cleaver is INSANELY overpowered because it does 1d10 damage, has a critical threat range of 17-20, has a critical multiplier of x3, can be further enhanced and enchanted, and can be wielded 1-handed! There are currently 3 Masterwork Great Cleavers in the game (Fruella has one, and there are 2 Female Bugbears that wield them in The Temple of Elemental Evil). I recommend that the Masterwork Great Cleaver either be removed from the game or significantly nerfed!
Troika must have wanted it that way.

Quote:
When I entered combat against Gunter Gladstone in the Spruce Goose Inn (by talking with him and then he gives me no option but to attack him), the innkeeper joined in the combat on Gunter Gladstone's side (see screenshot below).
Sadly that happens once in a while. Basically all generic citizens are scripted now to take no actions or sides if a combat starts nearby, but do you think the game will do that reliably? No.

Quote:
When I fought Senshock in his room, I let him escape. Unfortunately, the instant that he escaped, combat ended because all of Senshock's minions instantly became nonhostile (see screenshot below). My characters could freely run around Senshock's room and his minions remained nonhostile.
I think that's actually normal. Makes a bit of sense - their master is no longer around.

Quote:
Will-O-Wisps and Gargoyles can both be criticially hit. I believe that these monsters are supposed to be immune to critical hits because they lack vital areas (being a ball of energy and a stone statue respectively). Is it possible to make these monsters immune to critical hits?
I don't see anything in the SRD to indicate they are immune to critical hits. Are there any other examples of monsters in ToEE that are?
Old June 4th, 2012   #18
gazra_1971
Knights of Legend

The following information applies to version 7.2.0 NC.

The file 00185knight.dlg is missing the word "like" in line 72:
Quote:
{70}{In addition, for you @pcname@, as holder of the medallion, you may select on of these fine items. [He displays several items to you]}{In addition, for you @pcname@, as holder of the medallion, you may select on of these fine items. [He displays several items to you]}{}{}{}{}
{71}{I would like the scrolls of twelve first-level wizard spells.}{}{8}{}{80}{transfer_scrolls(npc,pc)}
{72}{I would like the necklace of prayer beads.}{}{8}{}{80}{npc.item_transfer_to_by_proto( pc, 6127)}
{73}{I would like the large +1 shield.}{}{8}{}{80}{npc.item_transfer_to_by_proto( pc, 6050)}
{74}{I would like the cloak of resistance +2.}{}{8}{}{80}{npc.item_transfer_to_by_proto( pc, 6086)}

The Helm of Teleportation has the graphics of a Plumed Helm when viewed on its wearer's head, but it has the graphics of a Great Helm when viewed in the inventory screen (see screenshot below).

During the combat against the Balor Guardian, the Balor Guardian summoned a Hezrou. I had a charmed Greater Temple Bugbear in my party who tripped one of the Efreet(i). The Efreet(i) provoked attacks of opportuntiy as it was standing up, but the Hezrou made an attack of opportunity against the Efreet(i) (see screenshot below). This implies that the summoned Hezrou has a faction that isn't allied with the Efreet(i)'s faction. Also, surely Efreet(i) are supposed to be untrippable because they are floating above the ground?

Quote:
I don't see anything in the SRD to indicate they are immune to critical hits. Are there any other examples of monsters in ToEE that are?
I don't understand what you mean. I'm not sure if Gargoyles are immune to critical hits in the computer game or not - I think I've been able to critically hit (sneak attack) them in some combats but not be able to in others. I'll have to pay more attention on my next playthrough.
The Seahag at Immeryds Run can be critically hit in this computer game. I was under the impression that she was undead which automatically means that she should be immune to critical hits (because all undead are immune to critical hits).

During the random encounter with the band of adventurers, I attacked them. This caused Elmo, Ronald, and Spugnoir to immediately leave my party and become hostile during the combat. I killed either Ronald or Spugnoir (not both). The instant that I killed Elmo, I immediately got the Butcher of Hommlet reputation (I checked my logbook). Is this reputation working as intended? The only other NPCs in Hommlet that I had killed previously was Rannos Davl & Gremag.

I had 8 characters in my party when I spoke to Paida. I selected the dialogue option to bring her with me, but of course she couldn't physically join my party because my party was already full. This caused a very weird bug where the game thought that Paida was in my party, because where-ever I went around the Greater Temple map, Paida would show up standing at different locations around the Greater Temple (see sreenshots below). During the combat with Hedrack, Paida said a voice sample and showed up in the combat queue, even though I already had 8 other characters in my party (see screenshots below). I was unable to complete the quest to return Paida to her husband Valden in Hommlet because of this bug (even if I removed an NPC from my party, Paida was now unable to physically join my party).

Fruella won't relinquish her Masterwork Great Cleaver even after she has levelled up 1 level while being in my party. I have no dialogue option with her to buy her equipment from her. I've equipped her with better weapons and armour but she refuses to part with that Masterwork Great Cleaver.

During the 'Monster Mash' combat, one of my spellcasters cast Chain Lightning. I heard the sound effect and saw the animation of the spell but the game then immediately crashed to desktop. Casting Chain Lightning seems to cause the game to crash to desktop (some times, at least).

During the combat against Hedrack, Spugnoir successfully cast Charm Person on one of the Greater Temple Bugbears (with 152 HP). When my party travelled on the world map to Hommlet, the charmed Greater Temple Bugbear was automatically removed from my party. When I returned to Hedrack's chamber, I saw the Greater Temple Bugbear standing in his original spot. He had a green circle around his feet indicating that he is nonhostile. When one of my PCs clicked on him, I think that he gave a generic friendly hovertext, but I was unable to have him rejoin my party, nor did he become hostile (even though the Charm Person spell had expired a long time ago).

I created a party using pre-generated PCs and begun adventuring. On the shop map, I entered the following console codes:
from t import *
t()

When my party appeared in Hommlet, I entered the following console code:
uberizemajor()
I then opened the inventory of one of the pre-generated PCs. The moment that I right-clicked on their equipped weapon or that I left-clicked on the Holy Ranseur +1, the game stopped responding (hung / locked up). When I used the console code to teleport to the Air Node, the instant that I right-clicked on one of the pre-generated PCs' equipped weapons (or it may have been an unequipped Longsword +5, I can't remember exactly) in the inventory screen, the game stopped responding (hung / locked up).

If the player hasn't encountered Hedrack in the game yet but the player activates one of the teleporters in the room on the top floor of the Castle of the Lords and selects the Temple of Elemental Evil dungeon level 4 as the destination, then the player's party's characters appear in the Greater Temple completely surrounding Hedrack (which is grossly unfair for Hedrack because Hedrack is SO EASY to kill if combat starts against him in this situation!). I recommend changing the teleport destination for the Temple of Elemental Evil dungeon level 4 to near the entrance where the 2 sets of stairs are. It doesn't take long at all for the player's party's characters to run from the stairs to Hedrack's room, so it wouldn't be much of an inconvenience to the player if this change was implemented.

File Type: jpg Hezrou AoO on Efreeti.JPG (104.8 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg Paida joins combat when party already has 8 characters.jpg (186.7 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg 9 characters in party.jpg (188.9 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg Paida near Fire Node portal.JPG (117.5 KB, 3 views)

Last edited by gazra_1971; June 24th, 2012 at 09:53 AM.
Old June 6th, 2012   #19
Gaear
Bastard Maestro
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by gazra
During the combat against the Balor Guardian, the Balor Guardian summoned a Hezrou. I had a charmed Greater Temple Bugbear in my party who tripped one of the Efreet(i). The Efreet(i) provoked attacks of opportuntiy as it was standing up, but the Hezrou made an attack of opportunity against the Efreet(i) (see screenshot below). This implies that the summoned Hezrou has a faction that isn't allied with the Efreet(i)'s faction. Also, surely Efreet(i) are supposed to be untrippable because they are floating above the ground?
NPC summons are often buggy this way because their protos are not necessarily members of the NPC summoner's faction.

Quote:
I don't understand what you mean.
I mean that the SRD entry for gargoyles doesn't mention them being immune to critical hits. Are all ToEE undead actually immune to critical hits? I can't find an object flag or other proto field that controls or even mentions critical hit immunity, so if it exists it must be tied to object type internally (e.g. there are object proto fields that list type, such 'undead.') Are gargoyles undead?

Quote:
During the random encounter with the band of adventurers, I attacked them. This caused Elmo, Ronald, and Spugnoir to immediately leave my party and become hostile during the combat. I killed either Ronald or Spugnoir (not both). The instant that I killed Elmo, I immediately got the Butcher of Hommlet reputation (I checked my logbook). Is this reputation working as intended?
It sounds like it is, yes. The Butcher rep requires two deaths of an NPC with a Hommlet faction, and Elmo, Spugnoir, and Ronald all belong to that faction. NPCs were scripted a few releases back to attack parties they are members of who attack good-aligned NPCs. The band of adventurers is good.

Quote:
I had 8 characters in my party when I spoke to Paida. I selected the dialogue option to bring her with me, but of course she couldn't physically join my party because my party was already full. This caused a very weird bug where the game thought that Paida was in my party, because where-ever I went around the Greater Temple map, Paida would show up standing at different locations around the Greater Temple (see sreenshots below). During the combat with Hedrack, Paida said a voice sample and showed up in the combat queue, even though I already had 8 other characters in my party (see screenshots below). I was unable to complete the quest to return Paida to her husband Valden in Hommlet because of this bug (even if I removed an NPC from my party, Paida was now unable to physically join my party).
I believe Paida is scripted to attach to the party like a charmed animal if it is full when she is rescued.

Quote:
Fruella won't relinquish her Masterwork Great Cleaver even after she has levelled up 1 level while being in my party. I have no dialogue option with her to buy her equipment from her. I've equipped her with better weapons and armour but she refuses to part with that Masterwork Great Cleaver.
That's also as intended, as the cleaver is a character defining item. (It is who she is - she would never relinquish it voluntarily.)

Quote:
During the 'Monster Mash' combat, one of my spellcasters cast Chain Lightning. I heard the sound effect and saw the animation of the spell but the game then immediately crashed to desktop. Casting Chain Lightning seems to cause the game to crash to desktop (some times, at least).
Chain Lightning has always been buggy.

Quote:
During the combat against Hedrack, Spugnoir successfully cast Charm Person on one of the Greater Temple Bugbears (with 152 HP). When my party travelled on the world map to Hommlet, the charmed Greater Temple Bugbear was automatically removed from my party. When I returned to Hedrack's chamber, I saw the Greater Temple Bugbear standing in his original spot. He had a green circle around his feet indicating that he is nonhostile. When one of my PCs clicked on him, I think that he gave a generic friendly hovertext, but I was unable to have him rejoin my party, nor did he become hostile (even though the Charm Person spell had expired a long time ago).
Monsters will often appear friendly if they are encountered in a context where they have not seen a fellow faction member attacked. (Such as if a fight had occurred on a previous visit to a map and their 'leader' was no longer present on a subsequent visit.)

Quote:
If the player hasn't encountered Hedrack in the game yet but the player activates one of the teleporters in the room on the top floor of the Castle of the Lords and selects the Temple of Elemental Evil dungeon level 4 as the destination, then the player's party's characters appear in the Greater Temple completely surrounding Hedrack (which is grossly unfair for Hedrack because Hedrack is SO EASY to kill if combat starts against him in this situation!). I recommend changing the teleport destination for the Temple of Elemental Evil dungeon level 4 to near the entrance where the 2 sets of stairs are. It doesn't take long at all for the player's party's characters to run from the stairs to Hedrack's room, so it wouldn't be much of an inconvenience to the player if this change was implemented.
That's odd - I thought that's where it did route to. Will fix.

Quote:
Also, surely Efreet(i) are supposed to be untrippable because they are floating above the ground?
Strangely the SRD doesn't mention it.
Old June 6th, 2012   #20
sirchet
Force for Goodness

If I understand the SRD correctly gargoyles are not undead, but merely monsters that can freeze, (stay perfectly still) for a very long time.

They do have damage reduction 10/magic though.

Here's a link to the SRD on GARGOYLES.

It's dangerous to go it alone, here ... take this.
sirchet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 13th, 2012   #21
mark hill
Skeleton

Ok my bug report seems to have been deleted without respose .. am I posting in the wrong place or something? Is it something thats been well and truely covered elsewhere? I dont wanna screw up your local customs, but some feedback would be nice when this happens
mark hill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 13th, 2012   #22
Gaear
Bastard Maestro
Administrator

That was all moved to the regular modpack discussion thread, as it appeared to be mainly discussion oriented. (Is this a big? What's going on? Help me. etc.) This thread is mainly for reporting hard, identifiable bugs.

http://www.co8.org/forum/showthread.php?t=9311
Old June 13th, 2012   #23
mark hill
Skeleton

ah ok thanks Gaear
mark hill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 18th, 2012   #24
sirchet
Force for Goodness

In the moathouse, twice now I've had Lareth come out of his room when called and end up stuck in a wall.

He can't be targeted and no matter how many rounds you wait he never comes out of the wall, (I think maybe he gets stuck).

Here's a picture.

Old June 20th, 2012   #25
gazra_1971
Knights of Legend

The following information applies to version 7.2.0 NC.

Sorry for misleading you about the Gargoyle, Will-o'-Wisp, and Seahag. After examining the D&D 3.5 SRD, I now realize that none of those monsters are immune to critical hits and that the Seahag is not undead.

sirchet, I've never experienced a problem with Lareth getting stuck in a wall during that combat ever since I started playing this computer game. The Lareth combat worked just fine for me in 7.2.0 NC. I suspect that you have had a bad activation of the Co8 Mod Pack.

The D&D 3.5 SRD states that a Kukri is a martial weapon (see code below) but the Kukri is currently an exotic weapon in this computer game. The D&D 3.5 SRD doesn't have the butterfly sword, war fan, monk spade, or tonfa weapons listed in the weapons table. I don't have the source book that those new weapons are listed in (so I don't know if they are indeed exotic weapons). Could somebody please check this?

Code:
Martial Weapons	Cost	Dmg (S)	Dmg (M)	Critical	Range Increment	Weight1	Type2	   
Light Melee Weapons	   
Axe, throwing	8 gp	1d4	1d6	x2	10 ft.	2 lb.	Slashing	   
Hammer, light	1 gp	1d3	1d4	x2	20 ft.	2 lb.	Bludgeoning	   
Handaxe    	6 gp	1d4	1d6	x3	—	3 lb.	Slashing	   
Kukri             8 gp	1d3	1d4	18–20/x2	—	2 lb.	Slashing
Once Scorpp joins the player's party, if the player removes any other NPC from the party, then the NPC (who was just removed from the party) attacks the party. I suspect that any other NPC in the party that is removed from the party (while Scorpp is in the party) adopts the script that Scorpp has when Scorpp leaves the player's party (which is to immediately attack the player's party), or it may be because Scorpp is naturally hostile to such NPCs so Scorpp starts combat against the NPC (even though Scorpp is in the player's party).

The instant that Scorpp joined my party, combat started against Scorpp's wolf. It seems odd that Scorpp would attack his pet wolf or allow others to attack his wolf.

If the player buys items from a vendor and then sells items back to the vendor, the item trading interface can become corrupt and even cause the game to crash. This is due to the empty slots in the vendor's inventory being filled incorrectly by the items that the player sells to the vendor.
However, if the player sells items to the vendor before buying items from the vendor, then no problems arise from the item trading interface (assuming that the vendor has no empty slots in between the vendor's items for sale) because all of the empty slots (below the slots filled with items that the vendor has for sale) function correctly as long as the player drags an item to an empty item slot in the vendor's inventory each time.

The D&D 3.5 SRD states that Hill Giants have a Base Attack of +9 and that they have the feat Weapon Focus (Greatclub) (see quote below). Scorpp has a Base Attack of +9 and the feat Weapon Focus (Greatclub), so he is supposed to be getting a +1 bonus to his Attacks when wielding his Hill Giant Spiked Club, but he isn't getting that +1 bonus in this computer game (see screenshots below):

Quote:
HILL GIANT
Large Giant
Hit Dice: 12d8+48 (102 hp)
Initiative: –1
Speed: 30 ft. in hide armor (6 squares); base speed 40 ft.
Armor Class: 20 (–1 size, –1 Dex, +9 natural, +3 hide armor), touch 8, flat-footed 20
Base Attack/Grapple: +9/+20
Attack: Greatclub +16 melee (2d8+10) or slam +15 melee (1d4+7) or rock +8 ranged (2d6+7)
Full Attack: Greatclub +16/+11 melee (2d8+10) or 2 slams +15 melee (1d4+7) or rock +8 ranged (2d6+7)
Space/Reach: 10 ft./10 ft.
Special Attacks: Rock throwing
Special Qualities: Low-light vision, rock catching
Saves: Fort +12, Ref +3, Will +4
Abilities: Str 25, Dex 8, Con 19, Int 6, Wis 10, Cha 7
Skills: Climb +7, Jump +7, Listen +3, Spot +6
Feats: Cleave, Improved Bull Rush, Power Attack, Improved Sunder, Weapon Focus (greatclub)
The game_rp_npc_m2m.mes file has a typo in line 15:
Quote:
{15}{The streets of town or so much safer now that those Moathouse bandits are gone!}
The word "or" needs to be replaced with the word "are" in the above quote.

I believe that the 00488ariakas.dlg file has a typo in lines 110 and 1230:
Quote:
{110}{Yes, of course. We agreed that he should tend to the needs of the townfolk with shelter in the grove if need be, as well as healing and comfort to those in distress.}{Yes, of course. We agreed that he should tend to the needs of the townfolk with shelter in the grove if need be, as well as healing and comfort to those in distress.}{}{}{}{}

{1230}{Yes, of course. We agreed that he should tend to the needs of the townfolk with shelter in the grove if need be, as well as healing and comfort to those in distress.}{Yes, of course. We agreed that he should tend to the needs of the townfolk with shelter in the grove if need be, as well as healing and comfort to those in distress.}{}{}{}{}
I've checked 3 different dictionaries and they all do not have the word "townfolk" in them - they instead state the word "townsfolk" as being the correct spelling of the word. I personally do not have a problem with the usage of the word "townfolk" as it seems logical and sounds okay to me. I'd be interested to know whether the word "townfolk" is an acceptable American spelling of the word.

I entered the Maroon Moon, bribed the Maitre'd, came back a day later, talked to Darlia, got the Nulb merchant assassination quest mentioned but did not accept the quest. Then I spoke to Lerrik for the very first time in the game (Lerrik was in the Maroon Moon at the time that I spoke to him), and I had the following dialogue option to choose from in his dialogue node (see screenshot below):
"I think you ordered Darlia to arrange an assassination of the Viscount"
When I selected that line of dialogue, it caused Lerrik and Darlia and the Waiters to attack me. After I killed them, I talked to Wilfrick but Wilfrick had no dialogue option related to either Lerrik or Darlia.
I should point out that Darlia never mentioned the quest to assassinate Wilfrick to my party.
Lerrik's dialogue node needs fixing.

The file 00482elementalist.dlg has typos in lines 41, 50 and 71:
Quote:
{41}{[Araikas' face suddenly turns waxen in dismay.] NO!}{}{1}{}{0}{switch_to_ariakas( npc, pc, 170); shake(npc,pc)}

{50}{[The old man begins to laugh menancingly.] Silly mortals, tell me where the skull is or you will die. Hextor will have it and rule this land through terror.}{[The old man begins to laugh menancingly.] Silly mortals, tell me where the skull is or you will die. Hextor will have it and rule this land through terror.}{}{}{}{}

{71}{[Araikas' face suddenly turns waxen in dismay.] NO!}{}{1}{}{0}{switch_to_ariakas( npc, pc, 320); shake(npc,pc)}
The correct spelling of his name is Ariakas.

The file 00484wakefield.dlg has a typo in line 150:
Quote:
{150}{[Impatiently] St. Cuthbert is always hunting down our followers and proclaiming us as heritics. It is time for Hextor's forces to make a stand and establish our rightful place in this land instead of hiding in the shadows. We must strike back against St. Cuthbert's followers and claim the Orb as a tool to acquire that power. With it, we shall destroy Hommlet and its church as a first strike against St. Cuthbert's pious idiocy.}{[Impatiently] St. Cuthbert is always hunting down our followers and proclaiming us as heritics. It is time for Hextor's forces to make a stand and establish our rightful place in this land instead of hiding in the shadows. We must strike back against St. Cuthbert's followers and claim the Orb as a tool to acquire that power. With it, we shall destroy Hommlet and its church as a first strike against St. Cuthbert's pious idiocy.}{}{}{}{}
The correct spelling of the word is heretics.

Ariakas only has 8 feats. He is a human level 15 fighter, so he is supposed to have 14 feats. I realize that NPCs can only have a maximum of 10 feats (due to a limitation in ToEE's game engine) and that Ariakas has been deliberately designed to be an average NPC should the player choose to have him in the player's party during the War of the Golden Skull (so that Ariakas doesn't make the combats too easy for the player) but I thought that I should mention this in case you either want to adhere to the RPG's rules or in the remote case that you weren't aware that he is allowed to have more feats according to the RPG's rules.

I encountered a very rare bug that I may have experienced only 1 or 2 times before (if at all). In Emridy Meadows, one of my fighters spontaneously started doing 0 damage every time that he hit skeletons while wielding a maul. No matter what weapon that I had the fighter wield, he kept doing 0 damage with all of the different weapons. I had to load an earlier game save to avoid the corruption.
I've included the following game save in case the source code ever gets released for this computer game (so that a modder might be able to track down and fix the bug).
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Scorpp's attack bonus.JPG (6.0 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg Scorpp's feats.JPG (51.2 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg Lerrik's borked dialogue nodes.JPG (36.1 KB, 9 views)
Attached Files
File Type: rar fighter wielding maul does no damage.rar (307.7 KB, 1 views)

Last edited by gazra_1971; June 25th, 2012 at 09:09 PM.
Old June 22nd, 2012   #26
sirchet
Force for Goodness

Quote:
Originally Posted by gazra_1971 View Post
sirchet, I've never experienced a problem with Lareth getting stuck in a wall during that combat ever since I started playing this computer game. The Lareth combat worked just fine for me in 7.2.0 NC. I suspect that you have a bad activation of the Co8 Mod Pack.
I've seen this in 7.0NC and 7.1NC also, but just finally got around to taking a picture of it this time in 7.2NC.
Everything else is running perfectly, even the videos are running perfectly.

So, no one else has seen Lareth stuck in a wall?

Old June 22nd, 2012   #27
Gaear
Bastard Maestro
Administrator

I think someone else mentioned something like that before. Whatever it is, it's probably script-related. I'm sure there's no need for a module reactivation; Lareth's just doing something slightly goofy like trying to go into a blocked sector or something.
Old June 24th, 2012   #28
Gaear
Bastard Maestro
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaz
Ariakas only has 8 feats.
Which two additional feats should he have?
Old June 25th, 2012   #29
gazra_1971
Knights of Legend

I didn't create the NPC Ariakas so I have no right to choose his feats. If you're asking what 2 additional feats would be useful for a level 15 fighter to have, then I personally would choose the following 2 additional feats for him if I had the choice (in order to maximize his effectiveness as a fighter (but that might not be desirable if you want Ariakas to be an average NPC)):

Greater Weapon Focus (Warhammer)
Improved Critical (Warhammer)

The only other feat that I would consider really useful for Ariakas to have is Combat Reflexes (because Ariakas' Intelligence doesn't allow him to qualify for Combat Expertise or Improved Trip, and his Dexterity doesn't allow him to qualify for Dodge).

By the way, Ariakas has natural Spell Resistance [18]. Was this done intentionally to prevent the player from stealing an item from his inventory that would give him Spell Resistance? If not, then I recommend that his natural Spell Resistance be removed (since it is illegal) and then equipping him with a Mantle of Spell Resistance to make his permanent Spell Resistance legal (since he is human and not a drow or demon). The only downside is that a Mantle of Spell Resistance gives its wearer Spell Resistance [21].

Can you please inform me what the situation is with the Kukri weapon?

Who originally made the Kukri an exotic weapon in this computer game?

Is it actually possible for the Circle of Eight modders to change a weapon's proficiency type to either an exotic weapon or martial weapon or simple weapon?

Last edited by gazra_1971; June 25th, 2012 at 09:13 PM.
Old June 25th, 2012   #30
erkper
Bugbear Monk

Quote:
Originally Posted by gazra_1971 View Post
Can you please inform me what the situation is with the Kukri weapon?

Who originally made it an exotic weapon?

Is it actually possible for the Circle of Eight modders to change a weapon's proficiency type to either an exotic weapon or martial weapon or simple weapon?
My understanding (Gaear may know better) is that the kukri was an exotic under the 3.0 rule set which TOEE was originally being developed with. Then mid-development TOEE was changed to the 3.5 ruleset, which IMO is the cause of many of the rules goofiness in this game. True bugs are another issue of course, but from what I've seen, some of the "bugs" in this game are simply mis-implementations of the incorrect rule set that were never changed when the game switched to 3.5.

Well, I speak LOUDLY and I carry a BIGGER stick - and I use it, too! -Yosemite Sam
erkper is offline   Reply With Quote