eyeglasses should work from inventory

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by taltamir, Apr 25, 2010.

Remove all ads!
  1. taltamir

taltamir Established Member

eyeglasses (+2 appraise) should work from inventory without equipping... there are several reasons:
    1. It is extremely tedious to switch back and forth between it and whatever you normally wear whenever you are at a merchant. It could just be assumed that you wear them automatically whenever you actually need to.

2. Technically, in PnP the head slot and the eye slot are separate and you can wear both.

3. As a non magic item (it is merely a masterwork mundane item) it does not actually take a slot, only magic items take slots. (aka, you can wear as many rings as you want, but only 2 MAGIC rings work at the same time; etc)...

2. EdCon

EdCon Member

*shrug* Most versions of the mod I've played were before the cool new items like the glasses were added...(it was, what, 5.7.1 or 5.6.2 that added those?)

I tend towards the extreme with appraise: mage/rogue with raven, glasses, and skill focus: appraise for the overkill. Just curios-what do you normally wear in your head slot? I haven't found much that tempts me to switch back and forth...

Of course your mileage may vary.

-EdCon

3. taltamir

depends on who it is... headband of int for wizard, hoodless circlet for everyone else. (because i hate the hoods) Sometimes specific decorative head-wear... with different ones for each character (makes distinguishing them on the game easier too).

If I have a balanced party I let the rogue wear the glasses.
    Its better to have glasses and cast fox cunning on them (which I do) then to wear +6 headband of int btw...
    I don't think skill focus and raven familiar are worth it though, I tend to get to the max possible appraise bonus anyways by end game.

Anyways, yes I remember when they didn't exist at all, but now that they do, it will be far less tedious if they worked from inventory... i usually give up switching back and forth and just have my rogue or bard (whomever has appraise) wear them ALL the time... instead of any decorative headdress of my choice.

but it is proving especially difficult for my party of 1 wizard only challenge.

EDIT: Also, i like to have the rogue wear +6 int because it helps with search and other roguish skills... well, and appraise itself.
    Otherwise you need to tediously cast fox cunning and wear the glasses (vs just wearing +int headband which doesn't stack with fox cunning)
    And rule-wise, a masterwork item should stack with magical items as it doesn't take a slot

EDIT2:
    Also, homlet eventually breaks on me in any game I play, I am just "stuck" while in homlet and can only use the map to leave it...
    Have to switch the items and use fox cunning means a lot more instances of sleeping in the inn, a lot more cases of having area transitions in homlet, etc... all of which contribute to it breaking apart as far as I can tell.
    So that is another benefit... would also be nice if once you acquire free lodging in the inn in homlet you could rest anywhere in homlet as if it was the inn. (since the inn itself is especially problematic and seems to be the major cause of homlet breaking)

Last edited: Apr 25, 2010
  4. taltamir

Our Host!