Circle of Eight Modpack v5.7 Bug Report Thread

Discussion in 'General Modification' started by Gaear, Dec 27, 2009.

Remove all ads!
  1. Gaear

Gaear Bastard Maestro Administrator

To hell with the rules! Post your Co8 5.7.x modpack bugs here. Just don't expect anything to be addressed in an organized fashion.

Notice:

I reserve the right to move or delete posts that I don't find sensible without warning or explanation, just as you have the right to post old bugs, feature requests, critiques, questions, jokes, links to spam, titillating banter, et al.

Post away.

2. Joud

Joud Iuz took my orb...

"He, he, me Bing!" That's all i got out of him AFTER I wasted a heal pottie on him. He obviously is still retarded. Although that's not a nice thing to say. And i was so looking forward to buy his masterwork crap. Not.

Burne insists I cleared the moathouse, but I did not. He even gives me Nulb on my overland map. I think i asked him about adventure, when his voice acting would be different from the dialogue box text.

To hell with the rules? I'm in.

3. wizgeorge

wizgeorge Prophet of Wizardy

I think Burnes dialogue is somewhat broken. First time you click I got a black screen. Second time, just line numbers. Click on a line and it comes up with the usual. Inventory is okay and respawns. Strange happenings. No protos/console at all. Pure straight game.

4. Gaear

Thanks guys, I'll check into Burne. I really really really thought that Moathouse reference issue had been fixed.

5. Gaear

I was unable to replicate this. Can you provide more details? Did Bing make a speech the moment you used the potion on him? Did he make the speech but then talk low-intel after you came back later? What type of PC was talking - class, alignment, etc.?

6. Gaear

I verified the Burne dialog problem. It's serious enough that we'll issue a hotfix for that shortly for people already playing and just re-upload the mod to ModDB with the fix included for others.

7. Joud

Joud Iuz took my orb...

It was a True Neutral Male Human Wizard PC, I don't remember if he made his speech but the potion may not have been identified yet. He always low intelled after I healed him, the quest being solved nonetheless. I go try to replicate it now.

EDIT: Ok I replicated the problem with a Neutral Evil Male Elf Rogue PC. I collected the heal pottie from Terjon's place then healed Bing 1st thing. It worked as normal. Then I started over and accepted 3 quests before I used the pottie on him. He made his speech but stayed low-intel, as he did when I encountered the problem before. So it must be the quests responsible, which are Flirting With Disaster, Carpenter's Dilemma and Terjon Wants More Followers (all accepted none done, no other quests in log except opening vignette).

It's really no biggie, if you use a heal scroll on him on a later point he gets healed for real. But if you powergame for the holy sword like i did it may be annoying.

Last edited: Dec 31, 2009
  8. povar

povar Member

Something wierd with Greater Weapon Specialization and Greater Weapon Focus feats.

There is no Greater Weapon Focus in list of avalible feat at all, but you can pick it... if you try to get Greater Weapon Specialization.

9. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

Curses, I thought I fixed that.

Its a bug going back to vanilla (I am reasonaby certain).

10. Ergonpandilus

Ergonpandilus the Avatar

Do you already know the bug behind greater weapon spec? The reason I'm asking, is that I don't want to start a new game if this will have a quick hot fix, but if it's a tough one, then I guess I just have to live with it. :)

11. Gaear

It will be a part of the hotfix, but all that will happen is it will be restored to what it was in 5.6. Which depending on what reports you read means there is no bug or the feat is mislabeled.

12. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

Well either way, its not a 'bug' in the sense that you might pick one feat and get the other, because there IS no GWS feat in the game, alas, just that label in one of the files. You should still get GWF, it just might be wrongly labelled.

13. Ergonpandilus

Ergonpandilus the Avatar

Ah, then it's okay.

14. Number99

Number99 kicking Iuz

Playing 5.7 was great,

I didn't see a lot things that disturbed me. The Burne dialogue off course but I don't go there that often. So I walked out and carried on.

And another thing in the first temple dungeon. There is a stairs wich goes to small place behind magically held doors. I don't know if it's meant that way but there is no stairs leading back up. You're traped... And if you didn't save in a while.... You're :censored:

And a second thingie there are 4 troll's on the third floor containing the keys for the 4 door's in the following chamber. One of them isn't in his "private chamber"... He was standing at the bottom of the stairs leading to the second temple floor.

That's all I've seen playing it the first time...

15. Gaear

Attention: See the News and/or Downloads threads for Co8 5.7.1 BETA in module and add-on pack form.

If you have questions about which you should use or anything else, please post them in the 5.7 General Commentary and Discussion thread in the ToEE forum.

Our Host!