Getting rid of party members

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by SharkD, Jul 20, 2009.

Remove all ads!
  1. SharkD

SharkD Established Member

Can someone explain to me how to get rid of NPCs? I know that I can get rid of PCs by accessing the guestbook at an inn. Also, what are the typical consequences of removing an NPC? Can you ever get them to join back in?

-Mike

2. realmzmaster

realmzmaster Established Member

Depends on the NPC. Some NPCs can only by removed by letting them die, such as Fruella. Some will leave on their own after being rescued and returned to civilization. Some NPCs can be told to leave by talking to them. Select talk from the radial menu. Be careful, some NPCs do not like being fired. Some can be told to stay home or go home like Meleny.

But you only get Fruella or Meleny if you marry them.

Last edited: Jul 20, 2009
  3. SharkD

Crap. I was hoping you could get them to wait for you like in Baldur's Gate.

-Mike

4. Emirkol the Chaotic

Emirkol the Chaotic Proud Polytheist

Some NPC's do go and wait for you at their original locations so you can hire them again.

Serena, Rhianna, Elmo, and Spugnoir, I know for sure.

Not sure on the rest. Anyone? Anyone?

5. Avatar_do_Grafite

Avatar_do_Grafite Established Member

For location:

Hommlet:

Ronald go back to the church and wait a new oportunity there to enter again in the group. The same for Burne and Rufus - except that they go back to they town, instead of the church! ;)

Meleny refuses to be dismissed in any place except in Hommlet. She waits in her home to join the group, once dismissed.

Fruella shall not be removed from the group except by death.

Rainol is an funny case. When ya ask him to get out of the group, he ask to be drived back to Hommlet. Once there, he go back to the shop and wait there for a new chance to join the group - I never hire him again, so I'm not sure if ya need to pay again for him or if he rejoin, really. But if ya jsut insists with him to leave the group in the middle of nowhere, she loose the direction of home and will never be seeing again!

The evil ones - Toruko, Kobort and Zert - I'm not sure.

Nulb:

Bertran goes back to his original point - the one where ya pick him - and wait to rejoin.

Otis go back to the forge, but he shall not be inclinated to rejoin. I dont know wich events make him hirable or not, to be sure.

Hrudra and Mother Skreng will go back to theyr home, but I dont know if they rejoin the group after this.

Temple:

Ted and the Eds as Morgan, goes back to theyr sell if dismissed. The same for Tuelk and Pitark. I dont really know if Morgan shall be founded at the sell if he dismiss when the group goes to Nulb. Shall be checked.

Wonnilon goes to the room north east of the first floor of the temple, where shall be founded after to be rescued and before to the itens inside of the ghoul chest being handed back for him.

Wicked disapears to never more.

Oolgrish and Kella I'm not sure.

Skorpp don't like to be ignored and claim for revenge, attacking the group to the death! Be aware about this!

Nodes:

Well, I never dismiss any of those guys out of his node of origin. I know for sure that, if ya dismiss any one inside of his own node, he/she will go back for the original position where ya found he/she. Outside of the nodes, I have no idea...

I have forgotted someone?

Well, there are alittle research work here to be made!

[edit]

Zaxys just desapears in the world. He probably dies in the hand of some randon enconter just after to the meet with the group...

Last edited: Jul 21, 2009
  6. SharkD

So are you saying that all the rest can't be dismissed?

-Mike

7. Avatar_do_Grafite

Wich "rest"?!?

8. erkper

erkper Bugbear Monk Supporter

Actually Zaxis does reappear, if you know where to look for him - at least, I know he does if you don't hire him at all, not sure if you hire him and then dismiss him...

{spoiler below}

If you look real hard, you can find him in the back room of the first floor of the whorehouse. You can even talk to him and complete a "quest," sort of, about the fate of his sister if you bring her letter to him there.

9. Avatar_do_Grafite

Erkper

Well, I don't knew about this "reappearance" of Zaxys!

Is he hirable then? Well, I'll check!

Just a question: wich whorehouse is this ya referst to?

10. realmzmaster

He is referring to the Snake Pit in Nulb.

11. realmzmaster

You may not find Zaxis at the Snake Pit. You usually find him during a random encounter traveling the road between Hommlet and Nulb. I do not know if he will re-appear after you show him his sister's note from the Temple, if you do not let him join your party.

If you encounter him before finding his sister's note and do not recruit him you may find him later at the Snake Pit. or still traveling between Hommlet and Nulb.

12. Avatar_do_Grafite

Snake pit? I thing that place was a bothrel, not a warehouse!

Wait.

Its not warehouse? :questionm
    Hum... Wrong spelling.

Lets see... Whorehouse...

*looking in the dictionary*
    whore... house...
    :blush:

Oh.
    Sure, whorehouse.
    Sure, of course. A whore. Aye, aye, of course I kow this!

:errf:

13. erkper

erkper Bugbear Monk Supporter

:no: Don't ever change, Av_d_G, don't ever change. :hug:

[edit]
    Oh, and you only find him at the Pit after you've encountered him on the road - that's where he goes if you don't let him into your party. Like I said, I don't know if he will go there when dismissed - it makes sense, but I'm not sure if he's scripted that way.

(And I'm not sure why I bother with spoiler text anymore...)

Last edited: Jul 21, 2009
  14. Avatar_do_Grafite

Well, I hope to meet with him soon, so Ill be able to make a lot of tests with him!
    I'll hire him, and so dismiss him, and so search for him at the whore... At the snake pit, and then try to hire him again, and dismiss him, and I'll give him the note from his sister and try to hire him again and so I'll open his chest to see if there are something inside!

And I have no idea of how to make this spoiler text... But I see no need, to be true. I think that, if someone don't really want to know what comes in a spoiler text, he just don't look at it. To make it invisible jus make it much more... Attractive!

15. Gaear

Gaear Bastard Maestro Administrator

btw, spoiler tags don't work for people using the vBulletin forum skin. You see the text just like normal (grey instead of black, actually).

Our Host!