The Ring of Resonance

Discussion in 'General Modification' started by Shiningted, Aug 26, 2008.

Remove all ads!
  1. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

Missing the Spell Mastery feat?

Hankering for a Major Ring of Spell Storing?

Longing for your Ring of Wizardry IV?

Bah humbug, forget all those! You can have something better than all of them rolled into one! For now we have the

RING OF RESONANCE

From the long_description.mes:

This amazing artefact resonates with every spell its wearer casts. Once per day, that resonance can be unleashed in an harmonic convergence that restores all the day's cast spells to the wearer's mind, allowing them to be cast again!

That's right, it instantly restores all your spells, doubling your daily allowance like a Ring of Wizardry, but without the limit!

Just listen to what other satisfied users said:

Note that this item is ONLY for Wizards - multi-classing any other spell-casting class will render it useless. Wizard-Barbarians, rejoice!

Go get it in the CMF thread! Go! Go go go!!!

2. Gaear

Gaear Bastard Maestro Administrator

Someone's gonna ask sooner or later, so I might as well right now: is it RAW? (Or is it just a testing tool?) I fear the uberocity. :transform

3. Shiningted

Ahhh, well, its neither. Its meant to go straight into the game, but only be available at some really high level, preferably the point where a PC Wizard would have a 'ring of spell storing' on one hand and a 'ring of wizardry' on the other, and where a ToEE player is just starting to miss those. This is the best compromise I can think of, considering we can't make those other items. It shouldn't be craftable, though, just treasure later in the game: I think the most logical place for it is in Shenshock's pocket, or maybe in his room for folks who don't kill him. But I'll leave that for others to decide :)

4. Sitra Achara

Sitra Achara Senior Member

Looks like you found a handy use for that pending to memorized function :)

5. Shiningted

Yah, I'm glad you tested the exact function of that because I always assumed the exact opposite - that it made spells come off the memorised spell list. Of course it means all our pre-buffs get cast for free :shrug:

Doesn't explain why the clerics in ToEE can't cast Raise Dead more than once, though - they use it after every spell cast just like Terjon, Jaroo etc...

Our Host!