Install Problem

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by Qwinn, Jan 28, 2008.

Remove all ads!
  1. Qwinn

Qwinn Established Member

I'm trying to do the install via the "Comprehensive" post in the downloads section, but am running into some real problems, I'm afraid.

I am running XP. I checked to see if I had the .NET 2.0 installed, and it is indeed listed in my add/remove programs. So I installed the game. Then I ran the version 2 patch. Then I ran the 5.0.0 executable. The instructions then say to run the front end. When I do so I get:

If I click OK, it just goes away. If I click cancel, then I get this (I realize this may not mean anything, since the application failed, but maybe it'll be helpful):

So, I uninstalled ToEE and deleted the folders that remained (I know, I should've uninstalled 5.0.0 with add/remove programs, but I didn't think.) Then I tried the whole installation thing again, this time putting patch 1 before patch 2. Didn't work, got the same thing.

By the way, if I run ToEE normally, without using the Front End icon, it appears to start up okay. When I quit, though, I do get a "ToEE has encountered a serious effort and had to close. Send/Don't send" dialogue box. Not sure if that's relevant at all.

Didn't see this in "common solutions", so thought I'd ask. Any help would be appreciated.

Qwinn

Last edited: Jan 28, 2008
  2. Qwinn

Qwinn Established Member

Okay, this is getting disturbing.

I figured, since I appeared to have both .NET 1.1 and 2.0 installed, uninstall them both and redownload 2.0. So, I uninstall 2.0, no problem. Then I try to uninstall 1.1, and I get this:

So I guess I can't get rid of it. I'll try downloading 2.0 again, but if you don't see an update from me, it means it didn't change anything.

Qwinn

3. erkper

erkper Bugbear Monk Supporter

This is a good question for Agetian, the modder who wrote the Front End application. There is a sticky thread in the General Modification forum dedicated to Front End problems. Just repost your problem there (or maybe we could get a moderator to move it for us,) and I'm sure Agetian will take a look.

You can find the thread ---> here <---

Last edited: Jan 28, 2008
  4. Qwinn

Qwinn Established Member

Hey! The new installation of 2.0 worked. Yay. I can run the front end now. No idea why the previous version didn't work, heck, I even ran "repair" on it from add/remove.

So anyways, no need to move the thread... delete the thread if you wish, or move it there for historical purposes, but I seem to be okay now.

Qwinn

5. Qwinn

Qwinn Established Member

Hey, last quicky question. I extracted the 5.0.4 files to my ToEE directory as instructed. The main menu still says "CO8 Mod 5.0.0" though. Should I be concerned? Is there any way to verify I installed 5.0.4 correctly?

Qwinn

6. Allyx

Allyx Master Crafter Global Moderator Supporter

If you installed the 5.0.4 mod properly, the module description (right hand box in the Front end) should state Co8 5.0.4 with the release date of the CMF, when the module is selected in the frontend.

7. Qwinn

Qwinn Established Member

Yep yep... "Patched to build 5.0.4 build 06.12.07" :)

Thanks!

Qwinn

Our Host!