Invisible Companion

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by kouns2112, Jul 16, 2007.

Remove all ads!
  1. kouns2112

kouns2112 Felan

OK, here's a strange one:

I'm playing Co8 5.04, with a 1/2Elf male cleric, a Halfling female rogue, and an Elf female wizard. After defeating Lareth and his eight-legged friends, we rested in the moathouse tower, before going out the backdoor to humiliate those wacky barroom buddies of mine, and their friends.

During the fight, my wizard successfully cast charm person on Kobort, who got himself killed immediately afterwards. However, I now found that I had control over Turuko! once we were done I killed him (cause I don't like him.), and I had to disband him from the party.

When I got back to Hommlet, there was Kobort's carcass next to me. He was not shown in my portrait group, but I couldn't shake him. I went to Jaroo and had him re-incarnated, whereupon he disappeared. Now, when I highlight my group, I have an invisible companion who loots before I do, and gets first crack at merchants. I'm not bothered by that, but its weird and I don't understand it. Jaroo couldn't fix it either.

Anybody seen this before? Will it affect my permitted npc count? Will I be haunted by a big dope barbarian forever?

2. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

3. kouns2112

kouns2112 Felan

No, you don't understand; his portrait is not there. I cannot access the character at all. If try to click on the blue circle, it cannot be pointed at. It is completely inaccessible, and yet it remains. I kid you not.

4. Lord_Spike

Lord_Spike Senior Member Veteran

Try selecting him by mouse dragging; then open the console, and type "die." Or, revert to an earlier save.

5. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

Ahhh, my mistake.

Sorry, I can't think of an easy way to fix this - getting a handle on a party member who is AI controlled rather than in the party is very much fiddlier.

Frankly, I would try the Common Issues and Solutions thing anyway, just pretend he is there, because AI followers don't normally loot - he sounds like someone still in ur party. Nothing to lose by trying it :) The script will be

game.party[0].follower_remove( game.party[x])

where x is the current number of portraits at the bottom of the screen (since the leader is 0, so the last portrait is number x-1 and if Kobort IS considered in the party, he should count as number x).

Give it a go and if it doesn't work i can think of a more complicated way that will probably also not work :)

6. kouns2112

kouns2112 Felan

Um...but,um..er..well, I kinda got impatient and dumped that party. I wanted to try a different group anyway. But thank you, both for the info. It was just so weird! I've had the game for two years now, and never had anything remotely like it happen.

By the way, all the good advice and material I get from this forum keeps the game alive for me. Best ten dollars I ever spent! I'm anticipating KOTB like a four year-old at Christmas.:thumbsup:

7. Daniel

Daniel Established Member

Sorry to ask but what's the command to bring up the Co8 console again? thanks :eek:)

8. Cujo

Cujo Mad Hatter Veteran

9. Daniel

Daniel Established Member

Our Host!