Looking for the new quests in 5.0.0 [SPOILERS]

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by Graphil, Nov 3, 2006.

Remove all ads!
  1. Graphil

Graphil Member

I'm hunting for some of the changed things in 5.0.0. I have searched homlet but haven't located them. I just want to know whether I've missed them in homlet (if so can you give me a hint where to look) or where I haven't got to them yet.

Black jay's ring
    Hunting orcs quest
    Access to Verbobonc

Thanks.

2. jeffh

jeffh Established Member

Re: Looking for the new quests in 5.0.0

Well, access to Verbobonc isn't available until the Temple that I've ever found or heard of.

3. Radish

Radish Member

SPOILERS or whatever.

Black Jay's ring is in the Deklo Grove, held by creatures north of the spiders.

The village elder of Hommlet gives you the orc hunting quest. Ask about rumors, he'll say something unimportant, then ask about rumors of adventure, and he'll give you the quest.

4. maggit

maggit Zombie RipTorn Wonka

I think that Cure for Ami is also a new one.
    Never managed to finish it, the poor girl always
    died on me. ;P

PS. Has anyone of you found the strange doll
    at Imeryds Run? What's it for?

5. Old Book

Old Book Established Member

Eventually, almost every new quest in the Co8 mod will be touched on in the Elves in the Temple thread, though I need to talk with Krunch and Allyx about how much I'm allowed to say about their mods. That said, it will be a while before EitT is finished.

Black Jays ring can be in several places, depending on your party's starting alignment. Check all bodies, especially early in the game.

Hunting Orcs is a quest received from the village elder, Kentor Nevits. Keep asking about rumors and sink skill points into Gather Information.

Verbobonc can currently be accessed several ways, but all require a trip to the temple. Be kind to prisoners.

Ami's cure is found in a random encounter in a swamp. If you're in a swamp, look around carefully.

Take the child's toy to any merchant to be identified, or do it yourself. It's a pretty good item.

6. Graphil

Graphil Member

Thanks. I'm heading back to the grove to check that again. I think I've checked everybody I have killed. Party is LN BTW.

7. Old Book

Old Book Established Member

Sometimes, Frogs can swallow the darndest things (hint hint). ;)

8. DaBigDawgND

DaBigDawgND I am the Grim Reaper

If all else fails use "give 12900" that will give you the Swamp Lotus, but I have always travelled to the moathouse and the first fight in the swamps around there I have found it.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 10, 2006
  9. Graphil

Graphil Member

Thanks. After a pixel by pixel search I found the ring which was dropped when I killed the frogs a long time ago. I'm off to kill some orcs in a cave now.

10. sirchet

sirchet Force for Goodness Moderator Supporter

Graphil:

I believe holding down the tab key will high-lite objects on the ground, it will also high-lite unsearched bodies.

11. Graphil

Graphil Member

Yes it does but it was so small it wasn't easy to spot even when highlighted. :)

12. Phil

Phil Member

I was wondering what those damn small things were.

I always press tab, to see if I've missed anything after I've been looting, and twice now I've just seen a tiny blue dot on the ground, but it's so small I'm unable to target it to click on.

Could it be because I'm running at 1280x1024 ? I've never successfully picked these things up, so I don't know what I'm missing, but I never did find Black Jay's ring, nor any of the other things mentioned above.

13. ShadowDragoon

ShadowDragoon Advocate of Vengence

Occasionally there are random points on the ground that highlight for no real reason. I found one particular spot in the lower level of the Moathouse. The room where you fight all of Lareth's guards has a blue highlight all the time. There's never anything there. I'd imagine some other places in the game do the same thing.

14. Cerulean the Blue

Cerulean the Blue Blue Meanie Veteran

There is something there. It is a "Bullet - DO NOT USE". I have managed to pick them up from time to time. My best guess is that they are there for script attachment.

15. maggit

maggit Zombie RipTorn Wonka

Interesting form of a script trigger. ;)

Our Host!