ToEE models viewer

Discussion in 'Models, Animations, and Particle Effects' started by Leksey, Aug 14, 2006.

Remove all ads!
  1. Leksey

Leksey Member

Hello all.
    On the basis of Agetian specs on SKM format(ToEE models) and some my research I writed program to convert skm files into .Mesh files which are used by Ogre3D engine.
    Also I developed a program to view .Mesh files.
    If anyone interested here is link:
    http://files.co8.org/tools/MeshViewer.zip

Animations currently don't work in right way.

Source code available at:
    View attachment MeshViewerSource.zip

To built it you will need Ogre SDK with CEGUI extensions and Microsoft Visual Studio 2005.

Last edited: Feb 1, 2008
  2. Cuchulainn

Cuchulainn Windmill Tilter

Alright Leksey !!! :dance:

I'm at work now, but I'll be damn sure to check that out once I get home.

Cuchulainn.

3. Morpheus

Morpheus Mindflayer Veteran

Cool! Nice work. That's a big step forward. :beer:

Do you think it would be possible to write a converter that works the other way round (i.e., from Ogre3D's .mesh format to ToEE's .skm)?

4. krunch

krunch moving on in life

This is awesome!.. *wonderful* Thnx dude. :D

5. Zebedee

Zebedee Veteran Member Veteran

:joy:

And you were wondering how you could help out Leksey? Seems like you've made a lot of people very happy :thumbsup:

6. Agetian

Agetian Attorney General Administrator

Wonderful work, Leksey, thanks! :) I'm sure this will make a lot of people happy!
    So, what about the reverse conversion? Do you think it'd be possible? That'd be another real big breakthru for our modding scene! :D

You said you had some problems converting backwards - if you need help, PM me and I'll try to help if I can (not sure how much I could help since you probably know more about this 3D stuff than me, but anyway).

This actually inspired me to keep working on the SKA specs as well - that one's still in progress, but SKAs are a lot harder than SKMs, so unfortunately it's taking me some time to break them down..

- Agetian

7. Leksey

Leksey Member

I am glad to know that you all like programs:)
    About reverse convertion: I think it will be harder, because SKM is highly tailored format for 3D model and .Mesh is more powerfull. So it will require some restrictions on .Mesh format.
    But for now if I write reverse convertion it will be not usefull, because we need to know animation SKA format to use new models in game.

8. Cuchulainn

Cuchulainn Windmill Tilter

Hey finaly had a chance to actualy use the viewer, VERY NICE! One small suggestion, it would be more conveniant if you set the center point of the models rotation closer to the model itself.

I'm very much looking forward to seeing this project mature, keep up the good work Leksey!!

Cuchulainn.

9. Agetian

Agetian Attorney General Administrator

I stuck this thread because ToEE model viewer/converter, given that Leksey will keep working on it, may become a really big thing in the future.

- Agetian

10. vampiricpuppy

vampiricpuppy cuddly nosferatu

Are there any extra programs/modding tools/specific unpacks required to run this program?

i'm recieving an error when i try to run both the converter and the viewer :shrug:

its the same error for both programs

Attached Files:

11. Leksey

Leksey Member

Can you describe your System parameters - operating system and so on?

12. vampiricpuppy

Hey Leksey :)

basics are:

Intel Pentium 4 2.8ghz
    Windows XP Home, English regional setting.
    1.5gig ram
    Nvidia Geforce FX5700 256mb

i've attached my full dxdiag (cant just put it in code tags as it breaks the characters-per-post limit)

Edit: Also having errors when trying to use the 3dsmax import export plugin; though that may be because ive only got max 5/6 at the moment. The error i get when i try the dll with max 6 is very similar to the one with the model viewer.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 20, 2006
  13. Leksey

Leksey Member

The only one thing I can suggest, that you haven't two system files MSVCP80.DLL and MSVCR80.DLL. You can find them here for example http://tagstudio.ru/Leksey/ archiv name msvcp80.zip. Unpack it in your system directory - for example : c:\windows\system32 and try again

14. vampiricpuppy

Hey Leksey, thanks for posting those .dlls :p they didnt work but they did make me realise what might be the problem.

You might want to revise your top post to remind people to pick up the latest .NET framework; while its probably safe to assume that anyone wanting to mod has gotten the worldbuilder first, and has gotten an up to date version of the framework, anyone that does things in a crazy order like me might run into this problem :D

converter and viewer work fine now that i have .net 3.0 (no idea what i had before... probably something really ancient). While i havent used the max plugin yet, it seems to load without errors :D

problem solved! Sorry about the oversight on my part; and thanks for lending a hand :)

15. Leksey

Leksey Member

It is strange a bit for me, but I don't use .Net framework(pure C++ apllications without .Net extensions) at all not in Models Viewer and max plugin.... I think the problem solved because when .Net framework is installed it brings a lot of new version system dlls.

I didn't tested plugin on max 5 or 6, but I know plugin SDK changed a lot from 6 to 7 max so problems can be. But I tested it with 7 and 8 Max and all works fine

Last edited: Dec 20, 2006
Our Host!