Where is Clarisse?!?!?!?!?! (A tragi-comic story and plea for help)

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by TiamatReborn, Jun 1, 2006.

Remove all ads!
  1. TiamatReborn

TiamatReborn Member

Okay... I just installed the Desperate Housewives and I was having a hoot... (Still don't know who is better, Fred or the Tenants. Or maybe it's Mrs. Gundiroot's choice of beverage.) Then this comes along and imposes a great deal of frustration and impatience upon me.

Where the @&#*(@&#*(&@* is the dead lady?

First, I looked around the barn with Lazlo et al, but no. Then I decided to do the smart thing and read through the dialoge. Aha! Says I, the Inn!

So I go to the Inn, have a pleasant chat with Mrs. G, and start looking for any ectoplasmic anomalies. And do not find them...

I have check every level of the thrice-cursed inn at least a dozen times. I have poked under the beds, I have looked under the tables, I have even examined the wine racks in the basement! (*burp*). Still no ghost. I went outside.

What a sight... imagine a wet and bedraggled company of adventurers looking under rocks in the middle of the night. I am QUITE sure that my Wizard's Toad managed to catch a cold. The poor thing is croaking very piteously. At least the Wolf has fur....

Then I decided to consult the magickal crystal ball O' Spoilers to try and figure out where the dead gal is... except for the fact that the crystal ball is broken as they BOTH are very vague on the ghosty lady... Roughly at this point, my Party's Barbarian was about to go on a killing spree, (He's Neutral Evil, do not mess with) and the Cleric of Nerull was about to help him. (By the by, Black Robes + Black Leather Gloves & Boots + Scythe = COOL!!!). Then the party took consultation and the Wizard decided to contact the Spirits of the Great Forum of the Circle. Except for one teeny, tiny problem.

THIS FORUM DOES NOT HAVE A SEARCH FUNCTION ANYWHERE VISIBLE!!!!!!!!!

I feel better now. While I applaud the activity, trying to sort through several dozen pages for a post that may or may not be there is not exactly enjoyable. (I gave up after about page 17).

Finally, deciding that fast, passive methods don't work, we appeal now to you. WHERE IS CLARISSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Please... help us.... or the Barbarian WILL slaughter the hamlet of Hommlet.

2. rufnredde

rufnredde Established Member Veteran

There is a search function, and if you can't find that how do you ever expect to find Lazlo's dead wife!!! She's not in the Inn. No offense but when you ask a question it doesn't hurt to be a bit polite. The smart thing would have been to stay at the barn. How you got to the Inn from the dialog I don't want to know. Slaughter all you like at your own peril. Just ignore my bad day and go back to the barn and look around, its not in the barn itself its the place to start looking though

Last edited: Jun 1, 2006
  3. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

Its not easy, but hubby should give you a full rundown on her demise.

She is in her house. There is a guide in your documents that deals with this issue, as well as a walkthrough for that matter.

4. TiamatReborn

TiamatReborn Member

Well, I found her.

Sorry if I was a little ticked off when I first posted, for what it is worth, it was late and I had just had a very frustrating time looking for her.

The search function apparently appears only when your are registered & logged on, which makes sense but my sleep-deprived brain failed to think of that.

As for the hint guide AND the walkthrough, neither of them ever actually say where Clarisse is. The closest the hint guide says is that she's not in the barn and to listen closely to Lazlo. The Walkthrough never mentions a location.

Although one thing puzzles me. Why does Lazlo send you off to the Inn? He says that's where she died, and logically, that would be the place to look for her... bah... let me just be quite now and get on with the quest.

5. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

She died at the Inn - her ghost stays near her family. Laszlo actually says he can still feel her presence in the house.

<Ted stumps another one!>

Ok Tiamat, off to the temple with you. But be careful, there's a Vampire down there.

Our Host!