[Obsolete] Additional In-game Movies

Discussion in 'Negative Energy Plane' started by Gaear, May 29, 2006.

Remove all ads!
  1. Gaear

Gaear Bastard Maestro Administrator

Well the oft-hinted-at behind closed doors and long-rumored but never appearing new movies for ToEE are finally here. There are six in total, ranging in duration from 20 - 40 seconds each and providing introduction to first arrivals at various locales throughout the game that up until now have been strangely void of such formalities.

I'm not going to state what maps these movies will play on, and I suggest that you avoid the temptation to view them using BINK; it would be better to simply install them and be pleasantly surprised when they appear. There's nothing here that's going to knock you over CGI-wise, but hopefully they'll add to the experience nonetheless.

If you're using Co8 5.X, simply extract to your ToEE root directory. The control files should already be installed with the Co8 mod. If someone's not using 5.X and still wants these, let me know and I'll post the control files as well.

Note that this is a 72 MB download.

Updated 11/19/2006 to include movies for Verbomod and krunch's new MOD, Hickory Branch.

Gaear's New Movies v2

Enjoy!

Last edited: Jul 23, 2007
  2. Zebedee

Zebedee Veteran Member Veteran

Re: Gaear's New Movies

It's going to take 2 minutes to download! Shocking Gaear - I was expecting at least 1 gig!

:D

Well done on this project, but I can't promise I won't peek sorry. My playing time is a bit limited atm and I may never see them otherwise... ;)

edit: told you I'd peek! Bloody wonderful. Super job.

Last edited: May 29, 2006
  3. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

Stupid cable cap dial-up b****** :rant:

Can't get this til the first of the month, sorry dude!

4. plantmann

plantmann Member

Playing this game for the first time, I don't quite feel ready for the BETA thing (But I AM overly thankfull for the patch/mods! You guys rock!!), so my question is : is it working with Co8 4.0.1 (my install : Atari patch #1 & #2, Co8 4.0.0 pack (Toffee + desp housewives), Co8 4.0.1 patch, Portrait & Voices pack, NoCD), or am I about to screw up my fresh made install (which will probably make me cry for the second time since I bought this game, the first time being when I first installed and launch the 'vanilla' game and soon discovered I could not loot the goblin in homlet)?

By the way, if anyone could update the 'Zebedee comprehensive TOEE installation instructions' post to include these movies and darmagon's spells (or are they already included in one of the pack/patch/mod?), that would be cool.

I think when I'll have finished the game once or twice, I'll try Livyona's mod and Orion's mod (and Co8 pack 5.0 might be ready by that time also).

5. Zebedee

Welcome to the forums Plantmann.

As Gaear said in his OP this is only for 5.0.0 beta - you need to ask him if you desire the control files for older versions of Co8.

I believe that 5.0.0 will include all the work by modders done so far (with one or two exceptions) so the installation post can wait until 5.0.0 is out of beta I think :)

6. plantmann

plantmann Member

Thanks for the welcome!

Ok, so I've been wise (how unusual of me!) not to try and install those movies then! Well, I guess I'll wait for 5.0.0 to be out of beta then (I'll stay on the 'easy' side of modding)...

By the way, I've just discovered (thanks to toffee) that Livonya's mod IS actually included in Co8 pack 4.0.0... well, I know I'm a bit dumb and all, but I've been browsing the Co8 forums for a week or so, and I hadn't got that point (though I had heard about this mod a lot). Maybe this should be made clearer in one of the sticky post (this too could wait for the 5.0 release of course).

Thanks again for all the good work!!

7. Zebedee

I believe that the relevant information is included in the read-me files about what each Co8 mod contains. It would be a very big list and if people don't read the read-mes there is little chance that they would read a list of which mods are included in each version of Co8 ;)

8. Lord_Spike

Lord_Spike Senior Member Veteran

Something else which may not be clear enough...the Orion79 mod is a "try at your own risk" thing....well, all of this is, but his even more so. It's supported by him alone, not co8. IMO, it's really not worth it. But, decide for yourself.

9. sirchet

sirchet Force for Goodness Moderator Supporter

Gaer:
    You said it's a 50 MB download, but I get download finished at 27MB. 3 downloads same thing. Have you made it smaller since that post?

Thanks

10. rufnredde

rufnredde Established Member Veteran

Just a thought sirchet, if you had a bad download and your using Microsoft Internet Explorer, it will keep giving you the same corrupted download out of the temporary internet files, over and over until you clear the temporary internet files by going to Tools- Internet Options - General tab, then clear on the button to delete the temporary files. Once this is done need to close then reopen internet explorer, and try the download again, it should work. I downloaded the movies again and it is around 50mbs

11. Gaear

Gaear Bastard Maestro Administrator

Download RAD Video Tools to watch the videos using the BINK player.

Note that you may experience screen flicker during playback using RAD. This is from the player, not the movie. If you played back the movie from within ToEE, it would be flicker-free. I'm not sure why this happens; I've tried to find answers but the most I ever get is an acknowledgement that "yeah, sometimes it happens."

Last edited: Jan 18, 2007
  12. rufnredde

rufnredde Established Member Veteran

.:beer: Cheers to you for all the work you have put into making the game better.

But I don't think I have Bink, except in ToEE :help: Don't tell me I have to download yet another player. My hard drives getting full from all these mods. Modding tools and Mod Backups and other Co8 stuff.

But seriously help me out with a link here Gaear I could probably find one but would rather use one thats recommended.

Edit: Nevermind I found the RadTools site. and lucky me it was only 1.2 MB.

Edit: Nice work. Its too bad videos are so big, it would have been nice to include that in the final.

Last edited: Jul 17, 2006
  13. Zebedee

Gaear - I believe I have Bink (RadTools) but the download is reporting an error "not a bink file". Odd.

edit: problem now solved. Must have been corrupted while downloading.

Last edited: Jul 16, 2006
  14. krunch

krunch moving on in life

I downloaded it--it viewed just fine with no problems. Great job, Gaear. Awesome! :thumbsup:

You'll need to edit it in about a week, though, and add my name to a few more places in it. :grin: I'll provide some details; check my new mod thread this week.

15. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

Who would be an appriopriate character to trigger a viewing of this movie ingame? A fairly simple script should do it: Elmo perhaps?

1. We need to talk about your equipment.

2. Hey Elmo, do your Fruella impersonation!

3. I need you to leave the party.

4. Hey Elmo, lets watch the credits movie.

5. Never mind.

Our Host!