Lotus Fox?

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by jkhristian, Dec 9, 2005.

Remove all ads!
  1. jkhristian

jkhristian Member

Lotus Fix?

Where can I find Cerulean the Blue's cure Amii lotus fix? Could someone give me a link?

Last edited: Dec 12, 2005
  2. Allyx

Allyx Master Crafter Global Moderator Supporter

It's included in the Co8 4.0.0 patch.

3. Cerulean the Blue

Cerulean the Blue Blue Meanie Veteran

If you are using Co8 4.0.0, you already have it. It is incorporated in the mod. It is also incorporated into the latest version of ShiningTed's mod. If you don't have either of those, I would highly recommend downloading Co8 4.0.0. It has two fixed random encounter maps that were not in the original fix. If you really don't want to do that, the fix can be found in post 93 here.

Mind you, this fix does not guarantee that you will find the Lotus. It only makes it more likely that you will find the map that it is on. The rest is still up to you.

4. maalri

maalri Immortal

So- when I run this game for the third time--(first was w/o ToEEFE, something I shall NEVER attempt again) let me get this straight--

After getting the Cure for Amii Quest from Jaroo- I go to Emridy Fields or Deklo Grove and I will (automatically or only a chance?) get a random encounter in a swamp- and then after offing the baddies I search the whole encounter area for a Lotus Fox?

Basically- how does that quest get resolved?

5. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

You tie a lit torch to the fox's tale and set it loose in the Philistines' fields.

Alternately, you catch the fox, take it back to Jaroo, then go see Amii's family who are understandably greatful for their kiddy being healed.

6. Allyx

Allyx Master Crafter Global Moderator Supporter

Then you sell Amii to ted, who's only too happy to give you a fair price.:giggle:

7. Lord_Spike

Lord_Spike Senior Member Veteran

You guys are two pretty foxed up individuals...

8. Zebedee

Zebedee Veteran Member Veteran

Yes. It looks like the hemlock in Jay's field so it's quite easy to spot. Or you can press tab so that it flashes blue if present.

9. Anstil

Anstil Hobgoblin Raider

*** Possible Spoiler ***

I always come across the swamp random encounter with the lotus when traveling back and forth between the moathouse and Burne's Tower. It takes a handful of tries, but it does resolve the quest.

10. Cerulean the Blue

Cerulean the Blue Blue Meanie Veteran

Okay, lets be serious here for a moment. My fix randomly selects an encounter map for each random encounter. If you are using the fix posted above, there is only one swamp encounter map and , after you have accepted the Cure Amii quest, the Swamp Lotus will appear on this map the first time, and only the first time, you have a random encounter on this map. If you are using Co8 4.0.0 there are two swamp encounter maps. The same rules apply in Co8 4.0.0 (you only get the one chance once you are on the right map) but the Swamp Lotus only appears on one of the two maps.

Keep in mind that the maps are chosen randomly, so it in no way guarantees that you will ever get the correct map, or that it will happen shortly after you accept the quest. In my current run through, I didn't get to the correct map untill sometime after the 20th random encounter after accepting the quest.

11. maalri

maalri Immortal

So- Blue, you are saying there is a 50% chance you will NEVER got the right swamp screen in time and little Amii will die? I LIKE that-- adds a bit of reality to the game :) Livonya would be proud of you I am sure :)

Oh and Allyx that was mean to say about ShiningTed-- I thought we established Ted would have nothing to do with little girls? Something about him and sheep in antoher post....
    Or was it fungi and frogs???

Our Host!