Earth Temple quest bug [SPOILER]

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by stygiandoll, Nov 24, 2005.

Remove all ads!
  1. stygiandoll

stygiandoll Member

Help. I can't finish the third quest from Romag.

I killed Alrem's acolytes and went back to report, but found no dialogue option. I opened my quest log and found that the second quest was still active (letter delivering) though I never accepted it in the first place (I chose 'Rentsch is dead as we speak' when it was brought up). I loaded a previous game and tried to get the quest again. This is what I found happens:

In these cases Rentsch is gone already, and you have acknowlaged the fact from Wat.

1. Accept the letter. Quest log will show quest is accepted. Cannot finish quest, as no matter what you do the option to state that Rentsch is gone will not appear.

2. Do not accept the letter, say Rentsch is dead. Romag will give you the third quest but the log book won't show it, hence it cannot be completed.

3. Say you need to think about it, then go back to say Rentsch is dead. The log book will first show the letter quest in purple (mentioned) then show it in blue (accepted). Same situation as above.

4. Say Rentsch is dead, then say you need to think about the third quest. The log book will show the letter quest in purple, but when you go back for the assassination quest it will become blue just like above.

Ok. That said, in truth I already know the correct way to finish the quest (do NOT talk to Wat beforehand, ask him about Rentsch AFTER recieving the quest). But I'm not going back to play from a save that far. So I was wondering if there was a console command or something that could just let me get the quest over with?

2. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

game.quests[45].state = qs_completed

3. stygiandoll

stygiandoll Member

It works! Thanks! I was trying my butt off to find the right command :Q

Is there a place (a game file or something) where I could find a list of ALL the commands?

4. Allyx

Allyx Master Crafter Global Moderator Supporter

Here is a link to the compiled list of console comands thread, and there s a list of all the quest's in the game aranged by number in data/mes/gamequestlog.mes.

5. stygiandoll

stygiandoll Member

Is this a list of all available commands or simply often used ones? Because the above command isn't on it.

6. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

Allyx may have meant THIS thread.

He's been under a lot of stress lately - for one thing, that chain coif has started to rust...

7. Lord_Spike

Lord_Spike Senior Member Veteran

It may be rusty...but it works better than anything made out of foil!

8. Zebedee

Zebedee Veteran Member Veteran

This quest isn't broken as such. Basically, you have to return to Nulb and ensure that Wat tells you Rentsch is dead if he hasn't done that already. (This sets flag 88). The quest itself could also be causing confusion as completing the alternative quest completes the letter quest. Note that the alternative quest is not the third quest Romag gives you.

Will try to make the quests clearer once I've got a new quest number, as the alternative quest ought to have a different entry in your log book to avoid confusion and quest 45 can then be set to unknown once you report Rentsch as being dead.

edit: see general mod forum for more information.

Last edited: Dec 5, 2005
Our Host!