Healers, Marshalls and Unearthed Arcana, Oh My!

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by Keolander, Oct 21, 2005.

Remove all ads!
  1. Keolander

Keolander Member

Hehe,

ok, its been a while since I posted in earnest. In truth, I got suckered into that horrid pastime: World of Warcraft! :eek:mg:

Anyway, my own attempts at modding have basically amounted to fixing the Elven Cloak & Books to +10 bonuses (as per the DMG) and reworking the starting_equipment.mes file to suit my own needs. I suck otherwise at Modding, as my results of trying usually end in a CTD. The modding community has come a long way in the last year and for all I know, the things I would like are within reach now.

I know in the past people were able to create subraces, or their own races. Now, my question is, can they create wholey new classes, feats, abilities etc? The Marshall, Healer and Warmage from The Miniatures Handbook 3.5, plus the Noble, cribbed from the Blackmoor Campaign Setting, all would work in ToEE. Of course, using some of the rules modifications from Unearthed Arcana 3.5 would also allow for a richer game experience.

Some of these ideas are:

- Favoured Soul class, sort of a Sorcerer version of a Cleric. Probably remove Energy Resistance in favour of earlier use of Deity's Weapon Specialization. <Miniatures Handbook 3.5>
    - Healer class, minus the Unicorn Companion. Instead, give improved Lay on Hands (char level + x2 Cha. bonus, 1/day at 1st level). <Miniatures Handbook 3.5>
    - Marshall class who uses auras (similar to Paladin Aura of Good) to affect his companions. <Miniatures Handbook 3.5>
    - Warmage class that allows for an Armoured Mage, but spell selections limited.....or it could be made into a Specialization, ala picking a School. <Miniatures Handbook 3.5>
    - Noble class to allow for people purely devoted to dealing with other people (plus having someone that can wear Purple Noble's Garb). <Blackmoor Campaign Setting 3.5>
    - Removing Cleric's ability to spontaneously cast either Cure or Inflict to be that of either of their Domain Selections, which makes Domain Spells that much more useful. Since you would add the Healer as a base class, this allows the clerics more flexibility. The permanent domain 'power' would remain unaffected. <Unearthed Arcana 3.5>
    - Remove the Druid's ability to spontaneously cast Summon. Give them access to 1 Domain (with spontaneously cast like that of the aforemention Cleric) from the following list: Animal, Plant, Fire, Air, Water, Earth or Sun. Sun Domain allows the Druid to Turn Undead as Cleric, but not Greater Turn....or it could give them Greater Turn 1/day (I would go with the latter). <Unearthed Arcana 3.5>
    - Necromancer's get a Skeletal Minion at 1st Level instead of a familiar. Minion gains abilities as denoted in Unearthed Arcana 3.5.
    - Paladin of Tyranny (Lawful Evil Paladin) should be added to game (since Paladin of Slaughter should be the Anti-Paladin and cast Divine versions of Arcane spells). <Unearthed Arcana 3.5>
    - Racial Paragon Classes <Unearthed Arcana 3.5>
    - Item Familiars (though they really should be limited to spell casters). <Unearthed Arcana 3.5>
    - Although I know I can hear the screams of NO!.....Armour as Damage Reduction (ala D20 Star Wars from WotC). <Unearthed Arcana 3.5>
    - I would so love to add the full list of Greyhawk Gods from The Greyhawk Gazetteer and their full list of Domains.
    - By that same token, add the full list of Subraces from The Greyhawk Gazetteer.
    - Regional Starting Feats for Greyhawk from Dragon Magazine.
    - Fix the treasure allotment in the game (and remove the all but the Potion and Scroll Item Creation feats, cause I dont like them).
    - Purple cloaks, blue cloaks, brown cloaks (since those colours are used on other various peices of garb), surcoats (use the Robes as a template).

Thats about it for the moment.....

So, does anyone know if these are even viable goals at the moment? Does what Im inquiring about require the source code to be ripped apart and retooled, something I was told was beyond doable a while back.

2. mattra

mattra Member

Elven boots and cloak were +10 in 3.0 but toned down to +5 in 3.5

3. Allyx

Allyx Master Crafter Global Moderator Supporter

:imwithstu As for the other stuff... How good are you at reading assembly code? the feats, classes and races are all defined in the temple.dll, but i'll be damned if I can add anything without it CTDing before I see the loading screen - In fact I think the only one that has successfully added feats (let alone the other stuff) is moebius2778, and he hasn't posted a single post for the entire time i've been here.

Our Host!